Catalytic Converter Prices

I looked up on Goggle and it said stolen converters sold to recyclers go from $50 -$250. Hybrid converters up to $1500.

I looked up on Goggle and it said stolen converters sold to recyclers go from $50 -$250. Hybrid converters up to $1500.
see so it's well worth taking the chance getting caught ! and whats the odds of the owner being one of those people who wont call the police and take them for a Texas truck ride ? or give them a ride to the train station in WYOMING :)

Midnight auto supply?. Some states require the use of "OEM" only cats,hopefully yours dont. Could always be worst, the wifes 05 Taco needed both replaced and cost $2500 when it needed a smog in Commiefornia.
Problem with Toyotas is they don't like aftermarket cats...... Some aftermarket cats still set codes

Reactions: Jeepr89
I looked up on Goggle
Is that the low budget version of Google? :unsure:
Google.jpg

Reactions: Blondie70
The emission machine did not know the difference when I put a non-CARB cat on my old 93 4Runner....
It went bye bye when the stupid knock senor acted up.

No.

I asked if the materials inside them where used anywhere in making components for electric cars.

That might explain why the jump in converter prices.

If not, as more EVs come out, converters could go down in price.

When do the thieves start targeting EVs for motors and batteries? There has to be something on them that's easy to get off and expensive.

I'm surprised more cars aren't outright stolen and stripped down completely for their electronics and parts people can't get.
Removing the battery from an EV vehicle is not an easy task. The ones used in GM vehicles (Volt/Bolt) are about 1200 lbs. And if you don't know what you are doing, it's easy to fry yourself.

Reactions: Blondie70
Removing the battery from an EV vehicle is not an easy task. The ones used in GM vehicles (Volt/Bolt) are about 1200 lbs. And if you don't know what you are doing, it's easy to fry yourself.
so your saying its a win either way ? either they get it loose and it crushes them or they dont even get that far and get electrocuted like the aunt Bethanie's cat in Christmas vacation

Funny this is, a few weeks ago one of the techs went out back to pull a vehicle in. He heard a sawzall. Upon further investigation , he found some crackhead laying under a truck cutting out the converter. The Little Falls police arrested him.
Hopefully the police only showed up after you beat the shit out of him