Catback Exhaust Systems

So I definitely appreciate all the comments...so what does everyone else run or have fun and what do you like and recommend??

Do the MBRP and let me know how you like it lol
As far as I know the black one is the same as the other cheaper one you posted just not black.
I’ve been thinking about this system for many months so if you get it let me know how you like it

Reactions: Tristar_tj
I have Borla on my heap. I like it pretty good, it has a little noise to it but not enough to bother passengers or the people behind you. It’s pretty compact, well built and noticeably lighter that said it is also over priced.

Mine had a banks monster and I'm not sure I drove it 3 times before ditching it. Hated the drone.

I replaced it with a walker quiet-flow and a stock replacement tailpipe. I can hear that it's there if there's a wall to my right, but that's about it. Perfect.

I've had my Banks since '06 and I like the tone throughout the RPM range.
But my 6 popper gets put to shame when one of my neighbors light off his 568 BBC equipped with Doug Thorley race muffs or the Lady across the street winds up her S/C ZO6 with the MF cat back.

Hi I have a 2003 Jeep tj sport 4.0 i6 and I’m looking for a new exhaust system to make the Jeep have a little bit of a deeper rumble and sound better. I’m between the flowmaster flowFX and the banks monster. Which do I choose? Thanks

Hi I have a 2003 Jeep tj sport 4.0 i6 and I’m looking for a new exhaust system to make the Jeep have a little bit of a deeper rumble and sound better. I’m between the flowmaster flowFX and the banks monster. Which do I choose? Thanks
I literally just ordered the Banks system for my 06. Be careful when ordering at least for the Banks system since they have different part numbers for the 99-03 and the 04-06 TJs. Also, they offer a chrome tip or a black tip, which is different part numbers. The best price including shipping that I found was at Dunks Performance. Let us know which system you go with.
👇👇👇👇👇
https://www.dunksperformance.com/

Reactions: Midtenn
I literally just ordered the Banks system for my 06. Be careful when ordering at least for the Banks system since they have different part numbers for the 99-03 and the 04-06 TJs. Also, they offer a chrome tip or a black tip, which is different part numbers. The best price including shipping that I found was at Dunks Performance. Let us know which system you go with.
👇👇👇👇👇
https://www.dunksperformance.com/
Thanks!!

Beautiful Jeep, by the way!
On my 03 V-8 Hemi, I run an all stainless Gibson exhaust system with their headers and their Super Truck Cat-Back system with side exit exhaust. It sounds awesome with a nice, low and deep rumble at idle, but it sets off rice burners alarm systems in parking lots if revved next to one, that's always fun!
On my Jeep I run an all stock system that's super quite because loud 6 cyl and 4 cyl don't sound cool, they just sound ricey IMO. lol

Mine had a banks monster and I'm not sure I drove it 3 times before ditching it. Hated the drone.

I replaced it with a walker quiet-flow and a stock replacement tailpipe. I can hear that it's there if there's a wall to my right, but that's about it. Perfect.
I second the Walker Quiet Flow. Stainless steel and nice and quiet, a slightly deeper tone than stock. Dynomax Super Turbo is a bit louder than the quiet flow, but still very quiet and won't drone. I've had Magnaflow, Flowmaster, Thrush, etc on my Jeeps over the years and they all droned. The flowmasters also rusted out quite quickly in the Northeast winters. The loud exhausts sound cool until you have to be in the Jeep for a few hours with a migraine and it's droning because of the speed/RPM you are at.

Used to own a YJ and I had borla headers, high flow cat and borla cat back. Loved it. Sounded great. Definitely looking into doing the same setup for the TJ.

Well.....I just finished installing the Banks Monster system. I had the tail pipe sections powder coated flat black to match the black tip that came with the system. Definitely quieter than the Magnaflow system I had and next to zero drone.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions 🙌

Happy Jeepin'

20210514_133627.jpg

20210514_170032.jpg

20210514_170148.jpg

Reactions: 1o1proof and TJRick
Well.....I just finished installing the Banks Monster system. I had the tail pipe sections powder coated flat black to match the black tip that came with the system. Definitely quieter than the Magnaflow system I had and next to zero drone.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions 🙌

Happy Jeepin'

View attachment 252445

View attachment 252447

View attachment 252448
I've got that same one, funny thing my son was over tonight for dinner & we were talking about Teslas & EVs in general & how one huge drawback is the lack of sound, almost eerie, & how future generations may never experience the feeling we all know & love about internal combustion engines, particularly with performance cars & toys in general. I'm not much of a car guy in general, drive a little econo-box Subie day to to day, but when I get in the TJ & fire it up & that Banks rumbles & hums it's a thing of beauty, the range of sound that comes out of it depending on engine speed, upshifting/downshifting, surroundings, time of year, doors/windows/top up/down or off, is awesome. I've been driving this thing with the Monster for 5 years & the sound is one of its best features; I've heard some comment over the years on forums that it's too much this or too much that & for the life of me I never know what hell they're talking about :ROFLMAO: