Caught Supper

Kevin E

TJ Enthusiast
Lifetime Supporting Member
I felt like having fish tonight so went to the river today
20170120_141931-576x1024.jpg

I love catfish. I used to love salmon but I put aout 600 lbs in the freezer and I don't believe in wasting it so I'm pretty much burned out on the salmon

View attachment 9706
Nothing like fresh Alaskan salmon!
My dad used to take a trip up there every year - him, and his two guides (Which were ex navy seals!). They would get dropped off by helicopter at the head of some river, and float their way down to the ocean - fishing and camping all the way!

He used to bring back some really tasty fish :)
(That's him in the middle after catching a freaking HUGE king on some 12# or 16# line... It took him a while, lol)
3786718822_042670bcee_z.jpg

Last edited:
Wow that catfish & salmon looks really good, it has been years since I have had catfish.

I was canoeing down the Colorado river with buddies many years ago and we were getting low on food so we caught a mess of catfish to eat. We put them on a stringer to keep them alive over night and ate most of what we had left for lunch, we were really hungry by that time. So we got up the next morning to clean a couple catfish for breakfast and they were gone... all the catfish somehow slipped off the stringer. We basically had a couple apples and a small can or two of Beanie-Weenies for the all of us at that point. It was a long hungry 2 more days until we got to our destination, we weren't able to catch anything else.

That's me in the shorts on that trip. If you can't tell, it was in the 70's.

74-10 C.R. Canoe Trip, Mark,Bill, Allen, Jerry & Jack.jpg

Last edited:
Wow that catfish & salmon looks really good, it has been years since I have had catfish.

I was canoeing down the Colorado river with buddies many years ago and we were getting low on food so we caught a mess of catfish to eat. We put them on a stringer to keep them alive and ate most of what we had left for lunch, we were really hungry by that time. So we got up the next morning to clean a couple catfish for breakfast and they were gone... all the catfish somehow slipped off the stringer. We basically had a couple apples and a small can or two of Beanie-Weenies for the all of us at that point. It was a long hungry 2 more days until we got to our destination, we weren't able to catch anything else.

View attachment 9820
Beanie-Weenies... Breakfast of Champions!!

Reactions: Scott B. and StG58
I feel for you Ted. I was in the plumbing industry for 25 years and had hernias on each side about 6 years apart. The surgery was a whole lot better on the second one. Mid 90s.
Get well soon.

I was canoeing down the Colorado river with buddies many years ago and we were getting low on food so we caught a mess of catfish to eat. We put them on a stringer to keep them alive over night and ate most of what we had left for lunch, we were really hungry by that time. So we got up the next morning to clean a couple catfish for breakfast and they were gone... all the catfish somehow slipped off the stringer. We basically had a couple apples and a small can or two of Beanie-Weenies for the all of us at that point. It was a long hungry 2 more days until we got to our destination, we weren't able to catch anything else.

View attachment 9820
Coincidently these catfish also came from the Colorado River

Reactions: Jerry Bransford