CB antenna mount

I have mine mounted behind the tail light.

Easily done with limited fabrication skills.

I did this bracket many years ago. I may still have it laying around somewhere
IMAGE_001.jpg

I now have a this one it holds LED pod plus the CB Antenna on driver and passenger side just LED Pod.
20171122_175812_1511391544813.jpeg

Thanks. I ordered it. Will probably shorten it so I don't need 4 more holes in the tub but should do the trick.

Not too worried about drilling the tub. Installing the led tail lights required a 1" hole plus holes for the lights themselves. Two more holes won't hurt :D

Not too worried about drilling the tub. Installing the led tail lights required a 1" hole plus holes for the lights themselves. Two more holes won't hurt :D

Yeah I felt the same way after drilling holes for nutserts to install my rock sliders. Drill on sir.

Reactions: Rob5589
I did look at that one. I wanted to avoid using the tailgate for whatever reason. I have the radio all mounted, just waiting for the rest of it later today.

The ARR mount is generally a really good mount, with two caveats. R/F grounding can sometimes be an issue and the top tab gets bent down in the thick stuff. There are solutions to both issues, but be aware of them.

Reactions: JamesAndTheSahara
The ARR mount is generally a really good mount, with two caveats. R/F grounding can sometimes be an issue and the top tab gets bent down in the thick stuff. There are solutions to both issues, but be aware of them.
Thanks. I have it all mounted up, radio in and wired, just need to run the antenna cable and tune it. Will add some pics when all done.

Side note; wife asked what I was doing. Told her installing a CB. She said, "Like Smokey and the Bandit, do people really still use a cb?" Yes dear, cb's are still in use :D

Thanks. I have it all mounted up, radio in and wired, just need to run the antenna cable and tune it. Will add some pics when all done.

Side note; wife asked what I was doing. Told her installing a CB. She said, "Like Smokey and the Bandit, do people really still use a cb?" Yes dear, cb's are still in use :D
You went with a tub mount for the antenna, right? I was throwing the caveats out in reference to the Arizona Rocky Road mount that was mentioned earlier. I tend to bend that bad boy almost every time I go out. But then most folks aren't fool enough to run through the thick crap I tend to favor. Just thought I'd toss my observations into the conversation.

Yup, people still use CB's. Had a young lady a couple of weeks ago in a Prius (no joke) get eaten by a loaded log truck on the other side of the hill from me. Messed that little car right up.

The mount I used is thick. The antenna will snap before it does. The mast has basically no give so I considered getting the spring that Firestik makes but I recall Jerry saying they weren't a good idea. If it gets hung up in some thick stuff while mashing through the hills, it is done.

Reactions: StG58
I run a HD spring with a 3' Firestick and haven't had any problems. I tend to run through some narrow trails on occasion. I say HD spring because you can get a standard duty spring or a HD spring. I tried a standard spring and it was too soft which allowed the antenna to bounce around too much for my liking. FYI.

I was just going to order a spare antenna since they're only a few bucks more. Then tune it and store it inside the roll bar padding for a safe out of the way place.

Reactions: Rob5589
I run a HD spring with a 3' Firestick and haven't had any problems. I tend to run through some narrow trails on occasion. I say HD spring because you can get a standard duty spring or a HD spring. I tried a standard spring and it was too soft which allowed the antenna to bounce around too much for my liking. FYI.
"I tend to run through narrow trails on occasion".... really? How bout I make my own trails on occasion??