CB location and antenna Mount

Norty05LJ

Supporting Member
How about a help with ideas on a good place where to mount a CB ( 05 LJ Hardtop, Auto)! Also thinking of an Teraflex taillight bracket for the antenna. Where’s your CB gear mount and cable run to the back! Thanks Norty!

I did a bunch of research on the same thing earlier this week. I just ordered all this but haven't installed yet, waiting for things to come in the mail:

Arizona Rocky Road Mount
Antenna: FS-2BK
Antenna Mount: TerraFlex
18' Coax cable
Mounting Bracket
Mounting Screws
Stud Mount

I think a couple of people are running similar setups. I know a lot of people also run:
Rugged Ridge

Other mounting locations I've seen are
- By the 4WD lever, horizontal and perpendicular to
- On top of the center dash using a custom solution
- Passenger area.

How about a help with ideas on a good place where to mount a CB ( 05 LJ Hardtop, Auto)! Also thinking of an Teraflex taillight bracket for the antenna. Where’s your CB gear mount and cable run to the back! Thanks Norty!
My CB & ham radios have had a few positions over the years but the last 15 have been just above the mirror. Using an Arizona Rocky Road mount which both hides the wiring inside and doesn't require any drilling. I zip tie the antenna cable to the side rollbar pieces and center support and then run the cables (2m ham to the passenger side, CB on the driver's side) along the sides just below and inside the tub's outer edges so it's not visible.

CB Radios New Jeep.JPG
CBAntennaMount.jpg
IMAG0078.jpg

I'm using this mount
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M7X0OYZ/?tag=wranglerorg-20

You do have to drill the windshield at the footman loop, but I didn't think that was a big deal. I'm not concerned with not being able to fold the windshield..

For my antenna, I used the Terraflex bracket on the Drivers Side Taillight. Finally, my antenna cable is routed along the roll bars (under the padding), down the B-pillar, and then along the bottom of the top edge of the tub. Goes through the grommet for the taillights, and follows the taillight harness to termination.

Reactions: Norty05LJ
My CB & ham radios have had a few positions over the years but the last 15 have been just above the mirror. Using an Arizona Rocky Road mount which both hides the wiring inside and doesn't require any drilling. I zip tie the antenna cable to the side rollbar pieces and center support and then run the cables (2m ham to the passenger side, CB on the driver's side) along the sides just below and inside the tub's outer edges so it's not visible.

View attachment 38419 View attachment 38420 View attachment 38421
I like the idea of that Arizona Rocky Road, Thanks

I did a bunch of research on the same thing earlier this week. I just ordered all this but haven't installed yet, waiting for things to come in the mail:

Arizona Rocky Road Mount
Antenna: FS-2BK
Antenna Mount: TerraFlex
18' Coax cable
Mounting Bracket
Mounting Screws
Stud Mount

I think a couple of people are running similar setups. I know a lot of people also run:
Rugged Ridge

Other mounting locations I've seen are
- By the 4WD lever, horizontal and perpendicular to
- On top of the center dash using a custom solution
- Passenger area.
A lot of research here, good job!

I prefer a very clean, uncluttered dash area. I’m still at work on this, but so far CB is the Cobra 75WX-ST. It mounts via a Road Pro Mount directly to the right of the head unit and attaches to the hidden box under the leading edge of the center console. Antenna coax travels under carpet to b pillar and under edge of tub. Next I’ll use the Teraflex Mount on drivers side and 2 or 3’ firestick.

Reactions: xxdabroxx
Reactions: Twopoint
My radios are mounted to an Arizona Rocky Road overhead mount (Kenwood TM-281A 2m ham above; Uniden Pro520XL CB below):

x0AIT6X6WFrnZUJ7swIrBXIGPCR7DsvfbI-gQNk_kn1XtNTm9oGPQxpQVKMsLn20syfisSu9oN0QxqDcD5E=w555-h637-no.jpg

Antenna mount brackets are Teraflex tail light mounts. The CB antenna is on the driver's side, either a 2' Firestik II or 4' Firefly depending upon need, utilizing a Breedlove stud mount with mini quick disconnect. (BreedloveMounts.com.) The ham radio antenna mount is a Breedlove drop in NMO mount. I am currently using a Larsen 1/2 wave 2m antenna.

0SnRtopX3K3yomK5EoS-Fu009sA7wP-Z8Z-B7H1FRsxoQ_AlSO7KJyOuJMj_hPQYlG-BVtMbnAllzElrliE=w273-h365-no.jpg

rqwl5CrfRodXwjy4QPdBLHwDLLayCHILH8x0FJCuBhm2syoMB6j3llLv7_RUH1-C1kCr2itHocO4N-TiOeM=w850-h637-no.jpg

V3bh5F1aYztl40i1XkJ6P89Bi3pc7ariCB5K43qFa_nVQsnpAPVPfoKTDPHvF3dVvUPiKShBhmjzX-hC1EE=w478-h637-no.jpg

ZGnlK0M-IfS0bfQFTCaOLvvFQwF6objECJNL8dghlV2WEb4tW6Ifyx1r0CtoV3rGqERSHodcKIQoSkkucH4=w478-h637-no.jpg

My radios are mounted to an Arizona Rocky Road overhead mount (Kenwood TM-281A 2m ham above; Uniden Pro520XL CB below):

View attachment 38462

Would you mind taking a couple more pictures of that mount? I was actually pretty interested in buying one of those, but there are only a few pictures on his site taken from about 50 feet away. Thanks so much!

Reactions: ac_
Would you mind taking a couple more pictures of that mount? I was actually pretty interested in buying one of those, but there are only a few pictures on his site taken from about 50 feet away. Thanks so much!

What, specifically, would you like to see?

The mount is basic in design - a piece of rectangular steel tube,open on each end, with flat steel ends that sit on top of the factory sport bars and bolt to existing threaded holes in those bars.

There are several detailed photos in this post on Jeep Forum Dot Com: http://*****************/forum/f59/arizona-rocky-road-overhead-cb-mount-515582/index2.html#post4896600

You will find lots of photos here: https://www.google.com/search?q=ari...DqrrXaAhVow4MKHbshA5YQsAQINw&biw=1517&bih=707

Let me know if there is something you need that you don't see.

Last edited:
Reactions: Serbonze
Also watch for the electromagnetic radiation coming off the cb, dont put it below your crotch, under your seat.

That sounds like it’s for Jar H I mean marines, us Navy guys don’t understand putting stakes in the ground or dipoles! Water is flat ! Interesting tax money spent

i cant even image how many guys tripped on them their stakes in the ground, drunk......

View attachment 38462

Antenna mount brackets are Teraflex tail light mounts. The CB antenna is on the driver's side, either a 2' Firestik II or 4' Firefly depending upon need, utilizing a Breedlove stud mount with mini quick disconnect. (BreedloveMounts.com.) The ham radio antenna mount is a Breedlove drop in NMO mount. I am currently using a Larsen 1/2 wave 2m antenna.

View attachment 38463
View attachment 38464

View attachment 38465
View attachment 38466
Nice pics thanks!

Looking at the pictures it looks like you will always have to have your door surrounds on.

I hang mine under the dash. It is a Uniden 520 I think, it is not right in front of me atm. It fits fine, I don't hit it, but if I were to get into an accident it would probably be a permanent fixture in my knee. I may break down, and buy a cobra like @lowranger and @JMT, but I really do like my Uniden.

I have been kind of stalling because I am not a fan of my khaki center console either, so I was thinking about doing something different with that and integrating the Uniden into that somehow.

Reactions: JMT