CB mic holder for our TJ grab bars

Sam Solo

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Not sure if this is where this is the right place for this thread. If it isn't, sorry.

Santa brought a Cobra 75 and Im wanting to put the mic on the grab bar. They have products for the JKs that make it look real nice. Havent seen squat for our TJ's. What have others done to overcome this?

My ham & CB mics are on automatic spring powered retractors, they work slick. You can mount them anywhere, mine are siliconed on top of my Arizona Rocky Road CB mount. Use the mic & then let the retractor pull it back in.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_...-keywords=CB+mic+retractor&tag=wranglerorg-20

My mic cords are now wrapped once around the mounting bar to get rid of the excess slack.

IMAG0084.jpg

286c66738bdc2b68acfa0a267655b4e1.jpg

I use this bracket. I removed the front trim that covers the radio etc., and screwed it in from behind that trim. No screws show. I then put the trim back on. If you place it correctly it won’t require any trimming to get the face back onto the Jeep. I can try and look up the part later but we are supposed to be leaving right now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jerry - I had thought about that option and it is my alternate plan should plan A not work out.
Scott - Is that the bracket from Quadratec? If so, that is not available anymore. :mad: Maybe someone has one in their parts bin? I'm considering making my own version of the bracket that's available for the JK's that gets sandwiched behind the grab bar and the dash. I just don't think I can make it as clean as I would like it to be.

Thanks for the replies guys.

I am almost positive it’s the one from Quadratec. Bummer it’s not available. I spent a while trying to find one on the net for you. No luck. It’s a great little bracket too. They must not have sold enough of them to keep up production.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 70002
I use this bracket. I removed the front trim that covers the radio etc., and screwed it in from behind that trim. No screws show. I then put the trim back on. If you place it correctly it won’t require any trimming to get the face back onto the Jeep. I can try and look up the part later but we are supposed to be leaving right now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I have the same bracket with the same CB radio on it. I sure like mine.
I think bobthetj03 has one he might sell.

All of our fleet vehicles at work have gone to magnetic mic holders and they are the ONLY way to go. Makes it nice when you're driving, talking on the radio and manipulating the other controls to be able to just get it close and have it hang itself.......

Reactions: Plumber1
All of our fleet vehicles at work have gone to magnetic mic holders and they are the ONLY way to go. Makes it nice when you're driving, talking on the radio and manipulating the other controls to be able to just get it close and have it hang itself.......
That looks way cool. I vote yes

I spent a while trying to find one on the net for you. No luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I appreciate your efforts nonetheless. Thank you!
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001JT0L46/?tag=wranglerorg-20[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I’d be interested in seeing it. My “head unit” is going behind the dash so I’d like to see how you have it set up.

I think bobthetj03 has one he might sell.

Thanks for the tip. I’ll pm him and check it out.

Haven't seen these before! Kinda cool! I wonder if that would have any affect on the Cobra 75 with the brains of the until inside the mic... and a heavier mic for that mater...
They shouldn't have any affect on them as I know there was extensive testing due to potential electrical interference. Also, they weight won't be an issue, the magnet is VERY strong and perfect not being too strong.

I have mine attached to the screw under the steering wheel right side. I just put a longer screw in it than the one that is there. Works for me. I keep my handset in the glove compartment most of the time unless I'm camping, hunting, or at the beach.

Reactions: Sam Solo
I have mine attached to the screw under the steering wheel right side. I just put a longer screw in it than the one that is there. Works for me. I keep my handset in the glove compartment most of the time unless I'm camping, hunting, or at the beach.
Great Idea!!

Reactions: dangjalopy
Alright, thanks to bobthetj03 and lowranger (for the heads up on bobthetj03), I have the discontinued bracket for the costs of shipping. Thanks guys!
I not only help bobthetj03 spend his money on Jeep parts, I can also help him get rid of his parts so he can buy more. :)

Do you think the magnets are strong enough to withstand the jostling of a jeep trail?

Do you think the magnets are strong enough to withstand the jostling of a jeep trail?
Oh absolutely without a doubt. If they can withstand being t-boned at 60 mph a Jeep trail will be a piece of cake. Our mic’s weigh more than a Cobra 75 or a Uniden Off-Road and you can hold them about an inch away and it pulls it to the magnet.

Reactions: Sam Solo