Cell Phone Holder

B1Toad

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Is there a good smartphone holder for the TJ? I looked at the trays that mount on top of the dash recess and include a phone holder but not sure I want to drill holes in my dash plus the reviews weren't too good on the phone holder part..

Reactions: inkedrose
Mine works with any type of phone. Don't be jealous. :cool:
cell phone holder.jpg

I've been happy with this one. I wanted to keep the field of view through the windshield uncluttered, while also not drilling into anything.

20200609_142500.jpg

I bought this one that fits into a cup holder. It stayed in the cup holder for about fifty feet, then popped out onto the passenger floor. I had to stop, unbuckle, retrieve holder and phone. Holder now sits behind back seat. Don't waste your $$$ on this one.
phne hlder not.PNG

I use this and love it. Easy to attach when I get in the Jeep and take off when I leave by means of magnetic pad that is adhered to the back of my phone case. Doesn't bounce off while off-roading (I have the mount tilted slightly "up" which helps).
https://www.bulletpointmountingsolu...al-20mm-mounting-balls?variant=39358428381299
Edit: forgot to add that this is MUCH lighter than the RAM mounts but still very secure.

Reactions: Noreaster1967
Bulletproof Mounts... didn't use their tray...just bolted two universal mounts to both top corners of the dash...then reinforced the underside of the corners with JB weld and fiberglass drywall tape.

IMG20230207102919.jpg

When I got my LJ the prior owner swooped out the radio to one with a CD player. I don’t use the CD player. I am using a phone holder that wedges into that slot.

F62CC30C-E553-4E8C-8A04-185F9F3AC363.jpeg

When I got my LJ the prior owner swooped out the radio to one with a CD player. I don’t use the CD player. I am using a phone holder that wedges into that slot.

View attachment 398714

LOL I tried that and thought I was all set till I drove it and knocked the phone clear over to the passenger floor when I was shifting! CD player is going to go away anyway.

Thanks for the suggestions. I have something similar to the ones that fasten near the glove box in my VW and it gets in the way of the passenger so don't think I'll go with that, nor do I want to glue/screw anything to the dash as it is quite pristine and I want to keep it that way. I did find this and may try it, it's just the mount then you attach a holder of your choice to it: https://www.atachmounts.com/Jeep-Wrangler-TJ-Phone-Mount_p_183.html