Centric loaded calipers

StG58

TJ Guru
Supporting Member
Quick question: Do the Centric Posi Quite loaded calipers come with or without caliper brackets?

The pictures show a bracket with the assembly, but it's not specifically listed. But then, the picture is "for illustration purposes only".

Thanks in advance.

I ordered a new caliper for mine and it did not come with the caliper bracket, only the caliper itself.

Reactions: StG58
Good luck!
Cardone has them, remanufactured for not a lot of coin. But, Cardone, right? The ones on the TJ are just fine except for surface rust. I could get those refinished in zink phosphate for nothing at work, but that's a couple of days downtime.

Edited to add: There are no brackets involved. The caliper bolts to the knuckle. I'm an idiot. It's my knuckles that look like garbage, not a seperate bracket.

Last edited:
I've never bought anything from Cardone, so I can't comment. I suspect most of these off brands are made in China?

Coating yours in zinc would be nice. But the downtime wouldn't be. Have the wife drive you in the JK!

What bracket are we speaking of? I ordered brand calipers and all that was there or needed were the calipers themselves.

Reactions: StG58
Good luck!
What bracket are we speaking of? I ordered brand calipers and all that was there or needed were the calipers themselves.
Ok, NOW I feel like a total idiot. The rusty POS I was looking at is the stupid knuckle. The caliper is bolted to that. Never mind, I'm going to go crawl back under my rock and hide in shame. Carry on. (While I search for new, redily available knuckles.) Facepalm.

Reactions: billiebob and Chris
At that point you might as well get the Vanco big brakes that comes with all of it new instead, lol.
...and surprisingly enough (or not), Blaine's stock replacement setup is a good deal, pricewise, and a great deal for component match. That's for the stock size brakes. The 15" BBK is more, but a known trusted upgrade. Still hashing it out. The more I poke around, the more things I find that I don't like the looks of. Typical TJ.

Last edited: