Champion 8000 lb. winch?

Hook_62

"The Exception"
Supporting Member
So I found a Champion 8000 lb. winch on craigslist.

Never heard of a Champion winch, do not know anyone who owns one, could only find 3 individual reviews on the internet, 1 star, 4 star and a 5 star. Anyone have any experience with these or know anyone that has had one? Price is good, just don't want to end up with a pile O crap that breaks the first time out?

So I found a Champion 8000 lb. winch on craigslist.

Never heard of a Champion winch, do not know anyone who owns one, could only find 3 individual reviews on the internet, 1 star, 4 star and a 5 star. Anyone have any experience with these or know anyone that has had one? Price is good, just don't want to end up with a pile O crap that breaks the first time out?
View attachment 89841

Any return policy? How cheap are we talking? I have a champion generator and it's bargain for occasional use.

$275 I'd probably pass. I think Badlands new with a return policy can be had for $250 for the 8k lb version and I want to say their snatch block is like $20 and $10 shackle.

I'm not saying go with the Badlands, but they do work. Is it a trail beast, probably not, but even those work. Something to keep in mind, is how much room do you have to mount it? When I first put a winch on my TJ, I had to toss the sway bar, which was broken anyway and then relocate the solenoid.

Reactions: Hook_62
Champion is also sold by Atwood's Farm Equipment Stores. I had an older Champion 8000 lb that worked fine. Sold it and upgraded to a 12,000 lb Badlands. The old winch is still running strong.