Great deals on TJ parts on Amazon!

Looking for parts for your Jeep Wrangler TJ? Checkout the selection of TJ parts Amazon has to offer, many with 2-day Prime shipping!

Click the image below to browse TJ parts on Amazon.

Jeep Wrangler TJ Parts on Amazon

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

Changed OPDA but my camshaft gear has wear. Need a dose of reality.

NOTNSUV

Now I Know!
Supporting Member
Please explain.
Speaking of changing OPDA:

"This is from @mrblaine : "Most of them are just lucky and get it within tolerable range and it runs. So, they tell everyone since they did it, everyone else can to. We always reset the timing of the unit with a DRB and do the forced relearn. Not one of them put in with even very careful marking and care about orientation is even close to being in spec."

Reactions: RoscoeJack

Lax22

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Speaking of changing OPDA:

"This is from @mrblaine : "Most of them are just lucky and get it within tolerable range and it runs. So, they tell everyone since they did it, everyone else can to. We always reset the timing of the unit with a DRB and do the forced relearn. Not one of them put in with even very careful marking and care about orientation is even close to being in spec."
I’m curious as to what the symptoms are of one that is not within spec? How do the people who are, “just lucky” to “get it within tolerable range and it runs” supposed to know if we should have the forced re learn completed. Jus curious because mine seems to run fine but obviously I would want to make sure so I don’t mess anything up.