Changing thread titles—the bane of my existence

So the first three thread titles make sense and the 4th one listed is what I would call click bait forum style!!!!!!!!! (I had to do the extra puncation for @tworley and @Chris :ROFLMAO: )

That one is me being OCD. I like to change some of them to what I think might index best in the search engines. That's the SEO expert in me :LOL:

That one is me being OCD. I like to change some of them to what I think might index best in the search engines. That's the SEO expert in me :LOL:
That actually makes a shit load of sense, almost like you know what you’re doing

I'm sorry to cause you extra work. I do try to think how to word a thread title before I do it.

But now that I know I might not put so much thought into it... ;):ROFLMAO:

I think maybe it's almost click bait in a way. Like the more punctuation they add, the more likely someone is to click on it?

Being completely serious, for once, I agree. Trying to share my build and what I'm doing on YT has become a rather massive choir compared to when I first started my channel. I don't make any money doing this, I've spent a fortune, well for me, and other people have really ruined sharing content on several platforms.

I'm not naming anybody, but might have to do with some 38" tires . . . possibly

I really try to have clear everything when I post, titles, thumbnails, information, pictures, and when I get asked questions, I do my best to answer them as best I can. I get so tired of the majority of youtubers that now have a stupid a$$ thumbnail with a face that 9/10 times screams "I have no idea what I'm doing".

Ugh rant over, yes I hate click bait as well.

• Sad
Reactions: Rick Flair
Being completely serious, for once, I agree. Trying to share my build and what I'm doing on YT has become a rather massive choir compared to when I first started my channel. I don't make any money doing this, I've spent a fortune, well for me, and other people have really ruined sharing content on several platforms.

I'm not naming anybody, but might have to do with some 38" tires . . . possibly

I really try to have clear everything when I post, titles, thumbnails, information, pictures, and when I get asked questions, I do my best to answer them as best I can. I get so tired of the majority of youtubers that now have a stupid a$$ thumbnail with a face that 9/10 times screams "I have no idea what I'm doing".

Ugh rant over, yes I hate click bait as well.

Yep, I feel your pain.

In this day and age, you can't get any sort of response on platforms like YouTube or social media unless you have clickbait titles, yoga pants, and stupid cover photos.

Here's two examples:

According to those cover images, the first ride takes you up into orbit, and the second one actually has a section of missing track.

Completely misleading, right? But, it gets people to click on it in mass numbers.

I hate this shit. I am of the minority that likes honest, straight forward, and no bullshit. I usually stay away from YouTube videos like this because I know the presenters intention.

But the flip side to this is that these are the guys making a lot of money off the videos. It's really a double edged sword.

Yep, I feel your pain.

In this day and age, you can't get any sort of response on platforms like YouTube or social media unless you have clickbait titles, yoga pants, and stupid cover photos.

Here's two examples:

According to those cover images, the first ride takes you up into orbit, and the second one actually has a section of missing track.

Completely misleading, right? But, it gets people to click on it in mass numbers.

I hate this shit. I am of the minority that likes honest, straight forward, and no bullshit. I usually stay away from YouTube videos like this because I know the presenters intention.

But the flip side to this is that these are the guys making a lot of money off the videos. It's really a double edged sword.

I've seen the bottom one before and I can't believe the views it's getting. My brother has asked me time and time again if I should update the thumbsnails and titles to be more clickbait, my answer is always no.

IF I ever get big enough that I make money AND if I ever got to the point where I could make a career out of it, I'm going to do it with honest hard work with no b$ content.

I've seen the bottom one before and I can't believe the views it's getting. My brother has asked me time and time again if I should update the thumbsnails and titles to be more clickbait, my answer is always no.

IF I ever get big enough that I make money AND if I ever got to the point where I could make a career out of it, I'm going to do it with honest hard work with no b$ content.

I agree. At some point you have to decide if it's worth selling out for.

When I surf through YouTube, I get pretty good at recognizing the good content from the bullshit clickbait stuff. The thumbnail / cover images are a great way to figure it out.

It's like surfing through channels on TV. You have to go through 100 of them just to find something good to watch.

Reactions: RustyAutoholicGuy

And I will continue to watch your channel sir. Keep it up!!!

• Wow
Reactions: RustyAutoholicGuy
Screen Shot 2020-05-14 at 9.40.50 AM.png

I'll admit that is the first one that made go "Hmmm @Chris really does have a problem with OCD . . ."

• Haha