Charging system problems

Ryan Radtke

I know, another one of these I'm sure. I've looked far and wide for a decent answer but still can't find one. Here goes. A few weeks back a wire came loose from the connection on the back of the alternator, I'm assuming causing my voltage to drop off and turn on check gauges frequently. While trying to remove the nut to crimp another connection, I broke the post. So a new alternator it is. Installed and now my voltage spikes on the gauge and throws the check gauges light. As it does this, my handheld meter is showing 14.6 so I know the spike is a false reading. Tonight, wanting to just throw money at this thing, I replace the external regulator just cause it was cheap. No go, didn't help, obviously. So then I look at the rmf and see if I can get a new one. Just for the helluvit I start it disconnected and it spikes the same way it would if it was connected. Do you think the rmf could be bad then? Something is not telling the pcm that everything is ok. And from what I read on rmf's is that that's its job. To show a false load to the pcm. Thank you for any insight or replies. Attached is pic of rmf

IMG_20190624_172514349.jpg

I love how these treads get no replies here lately. I would like to know if you solved the issue, and I am having charging problems aswell. I just orderd the kit that comes with external regulator and rf module thingy. Please any addvice would be great, good luck and thanks

I love how these treads get no replies here lately. I would like to know if you solved the issue, and I am having charging problems aswell. I just orderd the kit that comes with external regulator and rf module thingy. Please any addvice would be great, good luck and thanks
JeepDane89,

See my recent response to your other post.

What is an RMF?
A Rotating Magnetic Field is a magnetic field that has moving polarities in which its opposite poles rotate about a central point or axis. ... Rotating magnetic fields are often utilized for electromechanical applications such as induction motors and electric generators.