Charlotte the '99 Sahara

hmm. this is interesting....
8CBCABAF-12CE-41EE-84C7-AF5BB6A53E5B.jpeg

What do we have here?....🤔😆

Alright well anyway.... it's a sway lok, and I need to know how long I need to make the links??????
they send 3 different sections each to combine as needed, and I need to know what combination to combine them?

Alright well anyway.... it's a sway lok, and I need to know how long I need to make the links??????
they send 3 different sections each to combine as needed, and I need to know what combination to combine them?

Long enough so they don't invert at full droop, short enough that they don't go into the wheel well at full stuff. Getting them close to level at ride height is the goal, but only if they don't invert at full droop - that's much more important. Time to do a little flex testing.

Sorry for my ignorance… I’m relatively new to this jeep stuff. What’s the point of this? I get that it’s some sort of replacement for a sway bar, but why?

Sorry for my ignorance… I’m relatively new to this jeep stuff. What’s the point of this? I get that it’s some sort of replacement for a sway bar, but why?

Similar to a factory sway bar but you can easily disconnect it which lets the front axle articulate more, which is beneficial off-road.

Well, I don’t have one, but I would guess the ease of disconnecting. From my understanding, you don’t even have to bend over, just slide the lever (or whatever it technically is called). Plus, with the OEM away bar, you only have whatever stiffness it is. With the sway-loc, it’s adjustable so you can tune it to a stiffer or less stiff sway bar.

Quick disconnects work well too. I had JKS ones on my Jeep for a few years before I installed a Currie Anti-Rock.

Reactions: Austin O.
What’s the benefit vs just getting quick disconnects then?

This is a dual rate sway bar. That means there is a ”stiff” setting which is similar or just a bit stiffer than stock, and also a “softer” setting similar to an Antirock. Unlike a full disconnect, there is still sway control in the softer setting which is much better offroad than a disconnect.