Charlotte the '99 Sahara

Nah - I like the front look on yours after doing the black headlight rings, Looks classy. Regardless, Tob can have his opinion and i'm good with it. I like the look it gave mine, maybe the pic doesn't show how it ties the rest together. The absolute best looking Jeep i've ever seen a guy I know ordered new with the ENTIRE body bedlined black from factory, red wheels, red highlights all over. The thing is over the top and never gets a scratch on it. But, he's an NFL scout so he had the 80 or 90 grand to drop into it. Sad thing is it only drives on pavement, Just a status symbol to him.
Oh, and just to add, if you ever decide you WANT something black, bedliner is really thick so it doesn't run like regular spray paint. So easy a caveman can do it lol.
It's a rust preventitive. Just do light coats one after another till you get the look you want. I think I did 5 coats on my grill. Did my old rims also.

Last edited:
Reactions: thekidwithquestions
Nah - I like the front look on yours after doing the black headlight rings, Looks classy. Regardless, Tob can have his opinion and i'm good with it. I like the look it gave mine, maybe the pic doesn't show how it ties the rest together. The absolute best looking Jeep i've ever seen a guy I know ordered new with the ENTIRE body bedlined black from factory, red wheels, red highlights all over. The thing is over the top and never gets a scratch on it. But, he's an NFL scout so he had the 80 or 90 grand to drop into it. Sad thing is it only drives on pavement, Just a status symbol to him.
Oh, and just to add, if you ever decide you WANT something black, bedliner is really thick so it doesn't run like regular spray paint. So easy a caveman can do it lol.
It's a rust preventitive. Just do light coats one after another till you get the look you want. I think I did 5 coats on my grill. Did my old rims also.
I completely disagree. @Tob does not get to have an opinion….

😉

How‘s it going, Tober?

C8D84C83-28C6-4160-A8D8-21687E3651D3_1_201_a.jpeg
just dropped her off at the shop, i'll pick her up in a few days and she'll have 4.56 gears and a rear arb air locker, i'm sooooo excited

Last edited:
Reactions: MichaelGH and Tob
Holy smokes - That thing will be a beast. I only put in 4.11's and a front locker. Don't wanna lock my rear Dana 35 cause I don't want axle snappage lol. Good thing you got Dana 44's you can tow me if that happens :cool:

Holy smokes - That thing will be a beast. I only put in 4.11's and a front locker. Don't wanna lock my rear Dana 35 cause I don't want axle snappage lol. Good thing you got Dana 44's you can tow me if that happens :cool:
I actually only have a rear dana 44, mine had a 35 in the rear when I bought it but I got a 44 from an LJ and put it in myself

Well - rear end is the important point for where the Dana 44 should go lol. Dana 35 is a, umm weak point unless upgraded. The front Dana 25 is actually WAY tougher. Lot's of controversy over the upgrade a 35 or replace with a 44 or Ford 8.8. To be honest they are all legit answers. But lucky for you, you don't have those questions. You can shoot for more later on the front, but a Dana 25 is actually a very solid and well built axle.
And I say this from seeing people put lockers in Dana 35's and snap axles. It's a known issue on the trail. A 25 up front can handle a locker, A 44 can handle a locker. A 35? Only so long before something will give, and usually a broken axle shaft and the wheel falling off. Just my experience.
An ARB locker up front would tie it together, but if on a budget with a Dana 44 locked in back and toss a good lunchbox locker in the front you shouldn't have any problems off-road unless you go where you need more lift and bigger tires lol.
To be honest - you just have to test the vehicles abilities to what you expect from it, and if it doesn't get you what you want (keep in mind within your own abilities), then you modify the vehicle to suit you and your driving style. If however, the vehicle is awesome and you just suck at driving it, well....then you learn.

Last edited:
Well - rear end is the important point for where the Dana 44 should go lol. Dana 35 is a, umm weak point unless upgraded. The front Dana 25 is actually WAY tougher. Lot's of controversy over the upgrade a 35 or replace with a 44 or Ford 8.8. To be honest they are all legit answers. But lucky for you, you don't have those questions. You can shoot for more later on the front, but a Dana 25 is actually a very solid and well built axle.
And I say this from seeing people put lockers in Dana 35's and snap axles. It's a known issue on the trail. A 25 up front can handle a locker, A 44 can handle a locker. A 35? Only so long before something will give, and usually a broken axle shaft and the wheel falling off. Just my experience.
An ARB locker up front would tie it together, but if on a budget with a Dana 44 locked in back and toss a good lunchbox locker in the front you shouldn't have any problems off-road unless you go where you need more lift and bigger tires lol.
To be honest - you just have to test the vehicles abilities to what you expect from it, and if it doesn't get you what you want (keep in mind within your own abilities), then you modify the vehicle to suit you and your driving style. If however, the vehicle is awesome and you just suck at driving it, well....then you learn.
Dana 25? The front axle is a Dana 30. It's good up to about a 35" tire, with some modest upgrades.

All TJ's except the Rubicon came with a 30 up front. Even the Dana 44 in the Rubicon is mostly Dana 30. The tubes, inner C's, ball joints, etc are all Dana 30 parts.
When I ran the 30 many years ago, I always told myself that the tubes, inner C’s, ball joints, etc were all Dana 44 parts….

:whistle:

Yeah sorry, meant Dana 30. I'm running 33" tires.
But yeah - the 30 is a good axle. The 35 is ok but even with 33" i've seen them snap if folks stuck a locker in there.
Superior Axle used to make a "Super 35" kit that was supposed to be really good, but it was almost as much money as just getting a rear 44. I think they are out of business now.

Last edited:
soooo I have bad news... 4wp won't installed a used locker, i'm not sure why they didn't tell me sooner but luckily my dad said that he'll buy me a new arb air locker, I just have to sell the used one and give him the money from selling it and also help him with a project he's doing rn, pretty good deal.

now before y'all ask why I didn't just have someone else install the locker, I already paid the down payment to 4wp and they won't refund it since they already checked it out

that means I now have a ARB air locker for sale, $450 if you want it, its in good condition and I'll throw in the shims and bulkhead fitting etc... that I bought for it

Reactions: Vasq and Apparition
soooo I have bad news... 4wp won't installed a used locker, i'm not sure why they didn't tell me sooner but luckily my dad said that he'll buy me a new arb air locker, I just have to sell the used one and give him the money from selling it and also help him with a project he's doing rn, pretty good deal.

now before y'all ask why I didn't just have someone else install the locker, I already paid the down payment to 4wp and they won't refund it since they already checked it out

that means I now have a ARB air locker for sale, $450 if you want it, its in good condition and I'll throw in the shims and bulkhead fitting etc... that I bought for it
Sounds like a good deal for you.

ok guys, last gear update I PROMISE, so I read a lot of bad stuff about 4wp just now so I decided to call another local place that specializes in gear swaps and they said they WOULD install my craiglist air locker, so then I called 4wp and a nice lady refunded my down payment (yay), so now I AM getting my used arb air locker installed along with my 4.56 gears on Sep 15

B28698F3-3B18-45E4-B17C-045DFB246977.jpeg
thank you @mrblaine for sending me the savvy, bmb and hello kitty stickers, one for my door and one for my car, actually only my car gets a hello kitty sticker my brother wanted the other one