Charlotte the '99 Sahara

I have finally had my jeep re-geared after having no 4wd for who knows how long it feels so nice to use it, I also have a air locker in the rear now

3D1944E9-29D0-4BB5-ABFE-5B65344E3DF6.jpeg

So I have a question, now that the re-gear is done my next project will be a SYE, my question is should I get a super short or standard length SYE? I have 3 inches of lift and I'm gonna do a slight tummy tuck after the SYE,
Money is kinda tight for me so that's why I'm asking, if I had the money I would deff go with the Super Short, I just want to know if it would be necessary?

Yeah...until you look at a real Dana 44 out of a chevy or ford... :)
I've said before that I wheel a lot with 1st, and some 2nd, Generation Broncos. Most run 37" tires and heavier wheels. All, with the exception of one, are on completely stock 44 fronts and V8s. The only thing I ever see broken is an outer U joint or blown hub.

GeJTWNc.jpg

EdBmTdr.jpg

Reactions: Mike_H
I've said before that I wheel a lot with 1st, and some 2nd, Generation Broncos. Most run 37" tires and heavier wheels. All, with the exception of one, are on completely stock 44 fronts and V8s. The only thing I ever see broken is an outer U joint or blown hub.

View attachment 277394

View attachment 277395
The Dana 44 front axle in a TJR is definitely more marketing than beef. It has more in common with the Dana 30 than with a "real" Dana 44.

Reactions: Wildman and Irun
So I have a question, now that the re-gear is done my next project will be a SYE, my question is should I get a super short or standard length SYE? I have 3 inches of lift and I'm gonna do a slight tummy tuck after the SYE,
Money is kinda tight for me so that's why I'm asking, if I had the money I would deff go with the Super Short, I just want to know if it would be necessary?
Hold off until you can get the SS SYE. The longer you can make the already short driveshaft, the better off you'll be.

ive got a question, so my jeeps PO installed a KandN CAI but there is another thing under my hood that has the KandN logo and im not sure what it is, can someone help identify it?
04984F09-4194-437F-BF7F-CB4208CD4419_1_201_a.jpeg
B239F33D-7DD0-498A-BB57-F037CB3C7FB3.jpeg

Great build! I’m excited you’re 15 and doing all this. Looking awesome and gears and a locker! Woohoo!