Cheap AGM battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moab

TJ Expert
Supporting Member
I found a good deal on a cheap agm battery. My old battery came with the Jeep. And was getting weak. I was gonna just have a AAA battery put in. But then I thought an AGM would be nice. But can't afford a Northstar right now.

Dug around on the forum looking for better parent companies that make AGM batteries for the big parts stores. And found this one. I don't recall who the parent comoany was or the post on here where I found this information. But at the conclusion of my research last year. I put this battery on my wishlist.

So maybe this is a good AGM battery. Or maybe its a POS. But it seemed like a little better than a traditional battery. But not a top end AGM price either. YMMV.

It used to be $157. $169 now. But there is a 15% off coupone for online purchases right now. Look on the homepage.

https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/...m-group-size-34m-top-post-battery/ssbj/34magm

I found a good deal on a cheap agm battery. My old battery came with the Jeep. And was getting weak. I was gonna just have a AAA battery put in. But then I thought an AGM would be nice. But can't afford a Northstar right now.

Dug around on the forum looking for better parent companies that make AGM batteries for the big parts stores. And found this one. I don't recall who the parent comoany was or the post on here where I found this information. But at the conclusion of my research last year. I put this battery on my wishlist.

So maybe this is a good AGM battery. Or maybe its a POS. But it seemed like a little better than a traditional battery. But not a top end AGM price either. YMMV.

It used to be $157. $169 now. But there is a 15% off coupone for online purchases right now. Look on the homepage.

https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/...m-group-size-34m-top-post-battery/ssbj/34magm

@Moab is this battery still serving you well? That’s cheap for an AGM indeed.

Fwiw my last agm super start from oreillys lasted about 7 years. It was made by deka/east Penn. I just replaced it a month ago. It wasn't a marine one though.

Thanks for the heads up!!! I really needed a battery.

CART SUMMARY​

Subtotal$169.99
Total Discounts: $34.00 (Use code mom20 for 20% off- MUST choose ship to home to get this coupon, but shipping was free)
Core Charges $22.00

Tax: $9.48

Shipping: FREE

TOTAL$167.47

Then turn in the core to get $22 back, and there is also a rebate for $10 that can be submitted online....

SO dang if it all works, total will be 135.47!!

Funny. I just saw this but needed a boat battery. Bought that battery 2 days ago.

For those not interested in the coupon hassle, they have this battery at Sams club (at least in texas- branded as duracell, but still manufactured by East Penn) for $134.99. It also has 18 month warranty instead of 12.

I'm running a Super Start AGM in my Ram 1500. No real complaints other than I think I have a power draw somewhere I need to track down. But that's not the battery's fault.

For those not interested in the coupon hassle, they have this battery at Sams club (at least in texas- branded as duracell, but still manufactured by East Penn) for $134.99. It also has 18 month warranty instead of 12.

I've used this battery in the past and it was great. Never had an issue with it and that's about what I remember paying for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.