Check engine light deleted

How often they smog in WI? Kill the light and somebody or you as the seller will be screwed when you sell it. Besides, whats the point, if its on there is a problem.

How often they smog in WI? Kill the light and somebody or you as the seller will be screwed when you sell it. Besides, whats the point, if its on there is a problem.

I think he means he reset it.

How long before I can go for emissions test ?

If Michigan checks the monitor status then they'll need to be complete before you can test. OBD2 readers can check the status. Eventually they'll all complete but there are specific driving sequences you can perform to help hurry the process.

typically I have been told up to 100 miles to get the info back into the PCM
It can often be extremely complex to completely get a PCM ready for emissions testing. I once spent several days with a very complex and long set of driving instructions called a "Drive Cycle" that I had to complete properly before it was ready for emissions testing. The list wouldn't usually take days to complete if each step was done perfectly but it's not always possible when you run into traffic that prevents the instructions from being followed. I finally had to drive way out into the desert so I could find long empty stretches of highway that would allow the steps to be completed exactly as required.

This shows one typical drive cycle, though my daily driver Genesis was way more complex. I hated having to do it. https://repairpal.com/how-to-perform-a-basic-drive-cycle

It can often be extremely complex to completely get a PCM ready for emissions testing. I once spent several days with a very complex and long set of driving instructions called a "Drive Cycle" that I had to complete properly before it was ready for emissions testing. The list wouldn't usually take days to complete if each step was done perfectly but it's not always possible when you run into traffic that prevents the instructions from being followed. I finally had to drive way out into the desert so I could find long empty stretches of highway that would allow the steps to be completed exactly as required.

This shows one typical drive cycle, though my daily driver Genesis was way more complex. I hated having to do it. https://repairpal.com/how-to-perform-a-basic-drive-cycle

"Drive Cycle" sounds like a huge waste of time burning gasoline to prove that a vehicle can pass a test to prove that it pollutes less than the "Drive Cycle" itself. Gotta love hate the government.