Check out my new half doors

Well I'm screwed.

IMG_5856.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: Apparition
Mike were red too but they turned out OK in the end!

View attachment 246214

View attachment 246215
Those look really good! White or silver? Hard to tell for sure. I’m about to make these bright metallic silver in the coming weeks. Don’t want to rush, but don’t want to talk forever either! Anyone have any wisdom to share?

73E87AFA-3477-4774-8646-289567032D55.jpeg

Reactions: PCO6
Those look really good! White or silver? Hard to tell for sure. I’m about to make these bright metallic silver in the coming weeks. Don’t want to rush, but don’t want to talk forever either! Anyone have any wisdom to share?

View attachment 246221

It's the original "Bright Silver", same as my LJ. I picked up red half doors for it too but I'm painting them and the whole Jeep gray, similar to your half doors!

I had a shop paint my TJ doors. They did a good job on the colour match but not so good on the paint. I decided to do my LJ myself.

Not quite finished yet ...

20-11-19 8.JPG

Last edited:
It's the original "Bright Silver", same as my LJ. I picked up red half doors for it too but I'm painting them and the whole Jeep gray, similar to your half doors!

I had a shop paint my TJ doors. They did a good job on the colour match but not so good on the paint. I decided to do my LJ myself.

View attachment 246224
Nice, I got some paint from automotive touch up. Their touch up was a great match and someone on here used them to paint some JCR offroad half doors silver and they turned out good. Hopefully my buddy and I can manage to make them look “good from far” at least!!

I like the color of the LJ

Reactions: PCO6
Nice, I got some paint from automotive touch up. Their touch up was a great match and someone on here used them to paint some JCR offroad half doors silver and they turned out good. Hopefully my buddy and I can manage to make them look “good from far” at least!!

I like the color of the LJ

Thanks. It's similar to the "Sting Grey" found on current Jeeps. I'm shooting it with single stage enamel, Tremclad (basically Canadian Rustoleum) straight of the shelf. Whatever I screw up I can do again until I get it right. 🤣

Thanks. It's similar to the "Sting Grey" found on current Jeeps. I'm shooting it with single stage enamel, Tremclad (basically Canadian Rustoleum) straight of the shelf. Whatever I screw up I can do again until I get it right. 🤣
Amen! That’s my mentality as well, although I’m just doing half doors 😂