Check out this new Alpine head unit for the JKs!

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Saw this in a catalog today, it's a new Alpine head unit for the 2011+ JK Wranglers.

Talk about badass! You can control all your auxiliaries (i.e. lighbar, winch, etc.) through the interface!

IMG_7576.JPG

I've seen something similar, using an Android deck, and a Bluetooth controller. The relays were hooked up to a Bluetooth control board, and you could just touch an icon on the screen, and it would turn them on/off. This was a couple of years ago, and not in a Jeep. A buddy that builds competition sound cars had it setup to control lights, and motorized trays.

Reactions: Chris
That's cool! This is cool in general. Makes the whole need for having a bunch of switches obsolete!

Reactions: derekmac
Uh oh, I smell a little JK fever starting in Chris! The cool thing is when he switches forum I'll still be covered!

Haha... No way I would EVER sell the TJ to replace it with the JK.

Moreover what we'd like to do at some point is get a JKU Rubicon to replace our Toyota Highlander. It would make the perfect family road trip vehicle while still allowing us to have fun off-road! So it would merely be a compliment to the TJ (which isn't quite big enough for us to take family trips in).

Reactions: derekmac
Haha... No way I would EVER sell the TJ to replace it with the JK.

Moreover what we'd like to do at some point is get a JKU Rubicon to replace our Toyota Highlander. It would make the perfect family road trip vehicle while still allowing us to have fun off-road! So it would merely be a compliment to the TJ (which isn't quite big enough for us to take family trips in).

Or wait for the JL[emoji1][emoji1362]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Chris