Checklist for a 3" lift

CybrSlydr

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
So. I'm looking into pricing up all the parts I'm going to need to eventually run 33s on my Jeep. From what I've read, that means at minimum a 2" suspension lift and a 1" body lift. Since I have a Rubicon, I'm already geared at 4.10, so I won't need to worry about a re-gear.

2" Suspension Lift - https://www.quadratec.com/products/16090_01X_A_PG.htm

1" Body Lift - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005TTZLE2/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Are there any other bits and bobs that would be good to purchase at that time as well? I will not be installing this myself (I don't have the space or the tools for it).

Possibly a front track bar, bump stop extensions. I wouldn't exactly count on your 4.10's to be that great with 33's. The usual rec is 4.56 for a manual and 5.13 for the auto. If 4.10 was spec'd for a 31.5" tire you can't really expect it to work optimally with 33's.

Possibly a front track bar, bump stop extensions. I wouldn't exactly count on your 4.10's to be that great with 33's. The usual rec is 4.56 for a manual and 5.13 for the auto. If 4.10 was spec'd for a 31.5" tire you can't really expect it to work optimally with 33's.

Well shit - 5.13 for the auto? I must have missed that part. Glad I asked.

That just added a lot to the total... lol

Add a 1" motor mount lift to that list and do it same time you do the BL. You may get lucky and not have to lower the TC skid due to drive shaft vibes after the lift.

Reactions: CybrSlydr
So now I'm looking at...

2" Suspension Lift - https://www.quadratec.com/products/16090_01X_A_PG.htm

1" Body Lift - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005TTZLE2/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Bump Stop Kit - ?

5.13 Re-Gear - $1500-ish

Good Lord. $1000 for the suspension, $100 for the body lift, $1500-ish to re-gear, another $1k for the tires...

I don't see how any of this makes financial sense for me.
Financial sense?? My good fellow, surely you jest :D

I would ask this; why do you want 33's? What will 33's do for you that you cannot do right now?

Financial sense?? Surely you jest my good fellow :D

I would ask this; why do you want 33's? What will 33's do for you that you cannot do right now?

Well, the tires on the Jeep are one of the things that will need replacing in the near future. From what I've read, the BFG KO/2s are an oustanding off-road/on-road tire and I want to put them on the Jeep.

Those tires are 32.5" so I'll need to switch things up so I can run 33s, correct? The only other reason for the lift is aesthetics and potential off-roading ability.

Honestly hadn't counted on the re-gearing, mostly.

Well, the tires on the Jeep are one of the things that will need replacing in the near future. From what I've read, the BFG KO/2s are an oustanding off-road/on-road tire and I want to put them on the Jeep.

Those tires are 32.5" so I'll need to switch things up so I can run 33s, correct? The only other reason for the lift is aesthetics and potential off-roading ability.
Well, if you think you will be needing 33's then yes, you need the lift. You gotta pay to play as the saying goes. The one positive is you have f&r 44's with lockers already so that part is covered.

Well, if you think you will be needing 33's then yes, you need the lift. You gotta pay to play as the saying goes. The one positive is you have f&r 44's with lockers already so that part is covered.

I don't really think I'll be needing them, but if that's the size they come in, don't have much of a choice, do I? lol

Consider running 31's. Your current gearing will be much nicer to you. A BL should clear them, which means no lift needed. I ran my jeep for the first 5 years of ownership on 31's and a 2" lift and was amazed at the places I could wheel. Just a thought if funds are tight.

Reactions: Rob5589
Consider running 31's. Your current gearing will be much nicer to you. A BL should clear them, which means no lift needed. I ran my jeep for the first 5 years of ownership on 31's and a 2" lift and was amazed at the places I could wheel. Just a thought if funds are tight.

What tires in 31 would you suggest then?