Chief - TJ

From the factory both roll bar and floor were just primed at the time of bolting together then sealer was applied to the edges prior to the paint, that just nicely helps the cause for rusted bottoms on our TJ over the years. Jeep surely played cheap here šŸ§.

Here is the shiny ā€œRoll Barā€ - Well it was all shiny before as well except floor mounts had some hairline surface rust around edges where sealer was applied at the factory.

Luckily I got here way before the rust could and hopefully it sorted now for good.

4A9677C4-B59F-4554-87D2-ABB50D040C65.jpeg

02D3DBE6-23E6-40F1-8C5E-972F302BBFCF.jpeg

Last edited:
While the seat were out tackled an important safety mod / upgrade. To me this was do it once and do it right, so swapped rear headrests, plastic sleeves / guides and internal metal bracket form a rear seat of a 2013 Jk (2 Door) and grafted on to TJ rear seat frame and result is all OEM fit and finish and most importantly peace of mind šŸ˜Ž. Even stole the pull string bracket from the JK seat for easy pulling seat back šŸ˜€.

010066F8-5C6A-487C-8B71-E3E010D2CAF7.jpeg

F2DEA317-F58C-4C80-917C-F409E01B3E4A.jpeg

89BDF2EA-8828-4436-998F-0F7D2E76294B.jpeg

58D27B12-3488-48BC-91E5-67E713E2EACC.jpeg

BB587B7B-98AE-4B00-93F0-7E4A0F7488C6.jpeg

9618552D-FD87-474F-8852-A303C90028FD.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Wildman
šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£, one thing is pretty clear, I am very proud of myself for being OCD for things I am emotionally attached to, but you surely are at another level šŸ˜†.

How difficult was taking that dash apart?

Wow I didnā€™t notice your question until now! It wasnā€™t hard at all. It was removal of the three nuts on each side by the speakers, I think three or four bolts across the top of the dash under the defrost trim and the thing pretty much lifts up and out. You just have to take the connectors apart where they connect from the firewall to the dash. Hereā€™s a good picture of the backside from my 02. The steering column has to go too but itā€™s only 4 bolts holding it in.
98622DA7-71F7-4C69-9C91-FD89556B1CB0.jpeg

The refresh looks great! I definitely use my Jeep, but I try my best to keep it looking clean and fresh, so I absolutely appreciate the time in effort youā€™ve put into the work youā€™ve done.

Reactions: AutoCrat
Wow I didnā€™t notice your question until now! It wasnā€™t hard at all. It was removal of the three nuts on each side by the speakers, I think three or four bolts across the top of the dash under the defrost trim and the thing pretty much lifts up and out. You just have to take the connectors apart where they connect from the firewall to the dash. Hereā€™s a good picture of the backside from my 02. The steering column has to go too but itā€™s only 4 bolts holding it in.
View attachment 385272

The refresh looks great! I definitely use my Jeep, but I try my best to keep it looking clean and fresh, so I absolutely appreciate the time in effort youā€™ve put into the work youā€™ve done.

Wow, backside of dash looks pretty daunting. Important bit would be to remember what connects where?

This morning only I had hard time remembering stuff that I pulled off couple of months ago.

Thanks for the appreciation, I think TJ wranglers are very close to being collectables especially well maintained and looked after examples. I am planning to keep mine for a very very long time so itā€™s all worth it for my own peace of mind.

Finally managed to find 4 of these steel beauties from Japan. As per seller these are off of a 2004 JDM specific special edition (Apparently ā€œSuperdry Editionā€œ ). Now need to find one more to complete the set.

IMG_0327.jpeg

IMG_0328.jpeg

I also know another set of these exist in chrome version (again from some special edition) in Japan, I have been trying my best since last April to talk the owner out of it but he doesn't want to part with it.

Reactions: Jamison C