Chinese Linglong / Crosswind mud tires?

Billwynburger

TJ Enthusiast
I came across a deal on some Chinese Linglong/Crosswind mud tires and I was wondering if anyone else has ever tried these out. (link below)

I found all 4 (31x10.5x15) for $425.00, My Jeep isn't my every day driver, 8000-10000 miles per year, I run some light trails occasionally, I'd be happy with 30,000 miles out of them. I'm after the aggressive look more then anything.

http://www.linglongtire.com/light-truck-tires/m-t

Thanks for your help

Bill

Don't know anything about that specific brand but if it's a Chinese brand you've never heard of I trust em about as far as I can throw all 4 at once.

Do you ever drive in rain or even light drizzle? Stopping preformance on no name tires tends to not be great, it gets even worse in the rain.

There must have been a time
when we could have said no.

Reactions: Fonz54
Do you ever drive in rain or even light drizzle? Stopping performance on no name tires tends to not be great, it gets even worse in the rain.

This is true. Some of those no name brands kind of scare me in terms of the stopping performance compared to a more reputable brand. I'm not sure they test them to the same standards.

My understanding is if they don't catastrophically fail when up under the rated load they are considered good to go. I was watching a YouTube video about dangerous tires a while ago and some of the comments were quite educational.

Reactions: Fonz54 and Chris
I have no doubt the Chinese can make a good tire, I just question an important safety item like a tire and whether or not a no name brand is sketchy or not.

I was always sketch about Kumho tires 15 years or so a go, but then I tried them and loved them. So who knows!

Reactions: TWiG01 and Fonz54
The minimal reviews I could find were all good., for the money I'm going to give them a whirl I have a full set of BF At's as a back up. I admit I never thought about stopping performance. I'll let you y'all know. Thank you

Reactions: billiebob
Good luck, I look forward to hearing the results.

I have no doubt the Chinese can make a good tire, I just question an important safety item like a tire and whether or not a no name brand is sketchy or not.

I was always sketch about Kumho tires 15 years or so a go, but then I tried them and loved them. So who knows!

FYI - Kumho tires are South Korean, not Chinese.

FYI - Kumho tires are South Korean, not Chinese.

Oh yeah, I know. I just meant to say that at one point in time the Koreans were new to the tire game here in the US, so people were skeptical of their tires, myself included. It’s similar with the Chinese tires nowadays.

you get what you pay for so likely the cost per mile will be not much better than a brand name.

but regarding tire quality, safety, I doubt anyone has a worse record that USA brand name Firestone.

Reactions: derekmac
you get what you pay for so likely the cost per mile will be not much better than a brand name.

but regarding tire quality, safety, I doubt anyone has a worse record that USA brand name Firestone.
That is a whole different ball of wax, Ford is mostly to blame for that failure but they let Firestone take it firmly in the reputation. Not that Firestone never made a dud but that exploder tire issue was basically all Ford.

That is a whole different ball of wax, Ford is mostly to blame for that failure but they let Firestone take it firmly in the reputation. Not that Firestone never made a dud but that exploder tire issue was basically all Ford.

I agree about pointing the blame at Ford...my Firestone Destinations have been great...wet or dry

Yep they are were just fine on a explorer at 32-35psi like the original spec. It's just when they were run at 28 or below for years that they had a problem. Ford lowered the pressure to fix stearing and rollover issues that they found after the fact. That and I believe the exhaust cooked one of the rear tires as well, coincidentally the one involved in most failures.

Ford, Firestone, both USA Brand Names

Pretty sad that Ford let them take the fall for that one and Firestone's only basic fault was not making Ford put the right info in the door jambs.

I got the new tires on (Crosswind) Note: It's only been 4 days. I ran a light grade novice trail, steep at times, some areas of muddy trails and mud holes, eventually a lot of gravel. They seem to self clean pretty good, road noise was very minimal. Here's the real surprise: on the highway at 65-70 mph they were smoother and less vibration then my BF AT's. I have to assume the BF's were out of balance? When I had my new tires installed I decided not to go with inside adhesive wheel weights. The manager recommended inside and outside lead weights. I don't know if there is any truth to one being better then the other but I gave it a shot so far so good.

I'm not knocking BF's but my BF, AT's retained every little, tiny rock, then spitting them out like bullets, chipping the paint. It was driving me insane.

You guys ever take a cab ride in China? They swerve, stop and steer pretty well on wet, icy streets regularly. For the money i'd trust these tires on some dirt no problem.

I'm not trying to sell them to anyone and it hasn't been long but so far so good. I'm on the road a lot more then I'm on the trail including highway at 65 mph. They self clean pretty well and small, tiny rocks don't wedge in them. That's the problem I was having with my BF AT's. Every little, tiny rock would stick in them and flick out at 50 mph launching out like bullets. I had few people pull up next to me flipping me off in different languages.