Chip Foose and the Jeep Cherokee XJ

My 2001 towing the utility trailer with framing for our first structure up at our property in the Mountains.

14337618614_ea27d66dbf_h.jpg

Reactions: Squatch
I had 3 XJ's before my TJ. 1990 Limited, a 2000 Sport, and then another 2000 Sport. All 4 doors, and the last one I had for 10 years. I had to get rid of it because as a daily driver, even with excellent care it sadly started to get consumed by rust in the hard to fix areas like the door pinch seams and the windshield surround. Finding a clean XJ cost twice as much as a TJ, which ironically was the other way around from when I first bought my last XJ. Even clapped out ones in New England are bringing $5,000 if they still have floors.

With the TJ I smartened up and bought one from California, and have a daily driver so it can hide in the garage in winter. I've always wanted a TJ, but do miss the practicality of the XJ, I just think they are way over priced now for what they are.

That's a sweet looking 2 door.

Thanks. It's pretty original too. The only real changes are a 2" lift, the MOAB wheels and an after market radio that I will be taking out. I have a period correct JVC radio that will be going in. The big change is that almost all evidence of it being a Limited model have been removed. All of the gold trim and badges have been removed and the body colour bumpers and grille have been changed too. The only gold left is the rocker cover and most of that has worn off. I've since added chrome badges to it.

It drives great too. It's a daily driver and my current tow vehicle while I have my LJ of the road for body and paint.

Reactions: Squatch