Alabama Choccolocco Mountain Off Road Park

ScottB

TJ Enthusiast
Choccolocco Mountain is an Off Road Park located in North Alabama. I grew up and lived in this area most of my adult life. A couple of years ago I moved to Florida and there is nothing but sand and small rises in the sand. I have recently done a lot of mods that I wanted to test and get a feel of some of the changes, so I made the 4 hour one way trip to the park. The mods worth mentioning are, re-gear to 4.88, ARB lockers front and rear, SYE and new rear driveshaft and the controversial Super Dana 35, which included Revolution Gear rear axle shafts and the Superior Axle rear truss.

I have to say that everything performed perfectly as expected.

Here is a little video of some of the fun that was had.

View in HD for best results. Turn it up and enjoy.

https://vimeo.com/user1840807/chocco-mountain

Choccolocco Mountain is an Off Road Park located in North Alabama. I grew up and lived in this area most of my adult life. A couple of years ago I moved to Florida and there is nothing but sand and small rises in the sand. I have recently done a lot of mods that I wanted to test and get a feel of some of the changes, so I made the 4 hour one way trip to the park. The mods worth mentioning are, re-gear to 4.88, ARB lockers front and rear, SYE and new rear driveshaft and the controversial Super Dana 35, which included Revolution Gear rear axle shafts and the Superior Axle rear truss.

Thanks for sharing! Choco has been on my list to check out for some time now, and only about 70 miles away. Time for a road trip!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Xposure

Awesome video! I watched one of your other ones that was the water crossing....dang, I’d have been nervous, that was pretty deep. The previous owner of my Jeep went in water too deep and sucked it into the auto trans through the vent...now I’m scared about it and it’ll always be in the back of my mind how easy it would be to get water into the trans. Pretty awesome to see you go through the water like that.

what size tires are you running? I live in alabama also. southern alabama. im about 15 mins south of mobile

i live in daphne about 45mins away from pcola. where do you ride around here?
There are not a lot of places. Mostly sand as you know. Eglin Air Force Base is not bad and there is Blackwater State Park that has a few rises in the road, but not much more than that. There is a Facebook group called, Back Roads and Freedom. Look it up. There are several folks from Spanish Fort and Daphne in the group. There is a group of us going back to Choccolocco the weekend of June 1st. It is under the events section.

There are not a lot of places. Mostly sand as you know. Eglin Air Force Base is not bad and there is Blackwater State Park that has a few rises in the road, but not much more than that. There is a Facebook group called, Back Roads and Freedom. Look it up. There are several folks from Spanish Fort and Daphne in the group. There is a group of us going back to Choccolocco the weekend of June 1st. It is under the events section.

I know the thread is a little old , I searched for the Back Roads and Freedom Facebook page and could not find anything. Do they still have a group ?
I am in Leroy,Alabama ~ 70 miles north of Mobile. I have been looking for places to explore down in your area.