Chopped JK... yes, they continue to get uglier

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Just when you thought these Hummer H2... err JKU owners couldn't do anything worse, they go and do this:

22289720_1619121984806677_4362822178490671171_o.jpg

We sure talk a lot of shit about JKs around here don't we? But seriously... Don't these guys just make it so friggin' easy?

BTW, @mrblaine, what kind of steering setup is that? Never seen it before.

Reactions: MikeM
Just when you thought these Hummer H2... err JKU owners couldn't do anything worse, they go and do this:

View attachment 23307

We sure talk a lot of shit about JKs around here don't we? But seriously... Don't these guys just make it so friggin' easy?

BTW, @mrblaine, what kind of steering setup is that? Never seen it before.

That is full hydro. As for the rest, I'd encourage anyone who gets a giggle out of that rig to post up a single example of their fabrication skills that meets or exceeds just the level of design and execution in one of the flares.

And yeah, ya'll do talk a lot of shit for reasons I've yet to discern. Not that we would, but if the vast majority on here wanted to come follow us over a few trails, my helper and I could sit back and talk mountains of shit about how much you are struggling to get over stuff we just walk through. We wouldn't, but there is always a perspective one might consider before talking shit and I'm sure if most were to show up, you'd really make it easy for us to talk if we were so inclined. :)

Fab Four has repeatedly made a joke of themselves. At the grand opening of the 4wp here in MN, they showed up with a booth and a jk to display. It was almost as bad as this one. I don’t know how they make enough money to function... I really don’t

While most of us here might think that thing is ridicules, the companies that are behind making rigs like this are not stupid, and know exactly what they are doing.

They make wild looking rigs to draw everyone's attention, and often stuff some of the best gear you can buy into them. Wild draws bigger crowds than plain and boring looking.

Just to be clear, no one here is criticizing the work or fabrication involved in creating something like this.

I'm making fun of the way this thing looks (and 9 out of 10 other JKs as well). @derekmac is right. From a marketing perspective, it's genius. Make it look as flashy as possible, and it will draw attention.

This is a fun game for some of us. Always trying to see if we can one-up each other with a JK that looks sillier than the last :p

Don't go thinking the TJ is immune though... The ugly front ends have started trickling their way down to the TJs too!

It to me does not matter which series of jeep they do this to that just proves a fool and his money are soon separated.

Agreed. The only reason we see it more with the JKs (in my opinion) is because they make them in 4 doors. I very seldom see the guys doing this to the 2 door JKs for whatever reason.

Reactions: Fouledplugs
That is full hydro. As for the rest, I'd encourage anyone who gets a giggle out of that rig to post up a single example of their fabrication skills that meets or exceeds just the level of design and execution in one of the flares.

And yeah, ya'll do talk a lot of shit for reasons I've yet to discern. Not that we would, but if the vast majority on here wanted to come follow us over a few trails, my helper and I could sit back and talk mountains of shit about how much you are struggling to get over stuff we just walk through. We wouldn't, but there is always a perspective one might consider before talking shit and I'm sure if most were to show up, you'd really make it easy for us to talk if we were so inclined. :)
Great fab work or not, I'd be embarrassed to be seen in that thing.

Agreed. The only reason we see it more with the JKs (in my opinion) is because they make them in 4 doors. I very seldom see the guys doing this to the 2 door JKs for whatever reason.
Just my opinion Chris but the owners of the two door JK Jeeps most likely upgraded to the JK for a little more comfort but want the stock (not a show rig) look. Many car owners over the years stayed with the two door cars as the dreaded four door was considered a family car out of necessity, at least it was that way back in my youth many years ago! Jeeps and cars are different!!

Reactions: Chris
Just my opinion Chris but the owners of the two door JK Jeeps most likely upgraded to the JK for a little more comfort but want the stock (not a show rig) look. Many car owners over the years stayed with the two door cars as the dreaded four door was considered a family car out of necessity, at least it was that way back in my youth many years ago! Jeeps and cars are different!!

Yes, I agree. If I was going to buy a JK, personally I would buy a JKU, only because I have a family, and the extra room would be appreciated.

I just find it odd that almost every one of these ugly, overdone JKs, happens to be a 4 door model. I seldom see the 2 door models bastardized like this.

I'm with @derekmac though. I think they just built this one as a sort of "publicity stunt" so to speak.

Reactions: derekmac