Christmas Lights

Christmas lights. What a fiasco. Things drive me nuts. Climbing up on the roof endangering my life. I had my son wrap a rope around my leg this year as I daringly crawled to the edge of a 20 foot drop. Then there’s the annual strands That decided in a box in the attic to give up the ghost, partially. I tried for years to fix them. So frustrating. Might as well give up a week of your life at the end of November. Now I just buy more. I must have 20 timers, 15 extension cords and a mixture of incandescent and led and c9 lights that are either icicle, net, string or some other configuration. Some clear, some warm white. I want a break from all this nonsense.

Oh Yes.. The danger component from DIY Decorations comes in to play. Luckily I don't dare fool with my roof but hanging pre-lit garland is a little treacherous at my place.

let us know the price, my neighbor did it for a few years, from what I remember it was around $2200 put up and $1100 take down.
I guess I’m in the wrong business.

My lights are working okay.
Christmas deer 2.jpg

This year, take metal washers and glue/screw them every couple of feet on your eaves. Zip tie magnets to your Christmas lights, then stick them up. To take them down, all you have to do is tug on one end. Next year, you can use a long piece of PVC to stick them back up. Paint them to match and no one will know they are there. You'll save a ton of time and it's a whole lot safer.

Hell just leave them up. I mean nowadays Christmas season ends in March and starts back up again in September it seems. :LOL: