Christmas

Zhillslady

TJ Enthusiast
Do you hate waiting for Christmas? I want to get new rear view mirrors for my TJ and possibly new sun visors but everyone says wait till Christmas. I assume I may get some but I'm one of those I want it now people. Anyone else getting jeep parts for Christmas?

I hate waiting for Christmas, yes. I'm expecting some Jeep stuff as well, but we will see. Actually, I hate the amount of money I end up spending for Christmas!

I hate waiting for Christmas, yes. I'm expecting some Jeep stuff as well, but we will see. Actually, I hate the amount of money I end up spending for Christmas!

Over the years we have cut way back. My only daughter is grown and if wants something throughout the year doesn't hesitate to ask me instead of her husband to buy it. This year she got a new stethoscope and I got her hubby a laser sight for his bow.

The only other thing I do is pick a local family that has kids and not a lot of money and buy for them. I spent a long time as a single mom with little money for gifts. Last year I got the boys across the street bikes and locked them to the fence over night with a note that said Merry Christmas from Santa. We left a $100 hair salon gift certificate for mom as well. I have another family on the block this year that the kids look to be around 10-12 - boy and girl. Any thoughts on kids gifts? Mine is 37 so I haven't bought toys in years.

Reactions: Chris
Oh man... What to get a 37 year old?! I am 33 and the only thing I ever want for Christmas is Jeep parts and necessities like socks, underwear, clothes, etc.

We have also cut back on spending over the years except with the kids. We have a 3 year old daughter and another daughter on the way. Most of the money we spend goes towards the little one and our nephews.

I always say that Christmas is about the kids. The older I get the less I find I need.

Mine is pretty easy as she usually doesn't want much of anything. T shirt of something she sees online once in a while. She's a vet tech for a non-profit vet and they are always pinching pennies. I saw last week when I took in my pups they all use the same stethoscope and hello, yuck. So I ordered a good one she can have for her own rather than sharing.

Seems like that's just part of getting older. I always tell my family that even if they didn't get me anything for Christmas I would be completely happy. Christmas is the most fun when you're a kid, and rightfully so. As a parent though I try to make it extra special for our kids so they have something nice to remember when they are grown.

I enjoy giving presents and getting presents. I enjoy the true tradition of Christmas...but the fact is I like getting presents. Makes me giddy just thinking about the possibilities, and then when I don't get what I want, I go out and buy it myself...everyone is happy. ;) Hey I am a spoiled old fart...and loving it.

Castertroy at least you got to use for your ride. Daughter told me yesterday "we were getting you rearview mirrors that attach to jeep so when you take doors off you have mirrors, but we forgot to order and now it's too late to get them".