WTB: Chrysler/Mopar 1144 15x7 wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.

wes11b10

Supporting Member
Looking for (5) Chrysler 1144 steel wheels 15x7

F43563274.jpg

What was their application? Old Mopar guy, here. Those aren't anything I recognize. Not having the little nubs for poverty caps, and with that big-ass center bore/hole, I'm guessing 4 wheel drive application. Early Jeep?

What was their application? Old Mopar guy, here. Those aren't anything I recognize. Not having the little nubs for poverty caps, and with that big-ass center bore/hole, I'm guessing 4 wheel drive application. Early Jeep?
From what I've read, they were the stock steel wheels that came on the 80s New Yorker/Cordoba/Volare/etc. They fit TJs and I think they look awesome - like old school CJ-5 wheels sorta? I haven't checked any local junkyards yet. Here's a pic that I think I found here before I joined:

73e3205ab726a9ed4315022c929c875e.jpg

From what I've read, they were the stock steel wheels that came on the 80s New Yorker/Cordoba/Volare/etc. They fit TJs and I think they look awesome - like old school CJ-5 wheels sorta? I haven't checked any local junkyards yet. Here's a pic that I think I found here before I joined:

View attachment 198200
Okay, so the pic you posted is not of the wheel you're looking for, then. If you'd like to buy new, then Summit racing has 'em, as do other sellers. Here's what they look like:
wvi-63-5012052_ml.jpg

You can also buy "cop car" wheels the same size, though they are highly sought after in the used market, and are therefore fairly hard to find. They look like this:
wvi-69-571204_xl.jpg

These are also from Summit, but Jegs has 'em in 15" X 8" widths for the same price. Of course, all these are new, and therefore are getting up in price to where you could start looking at a number of different aftermarket wheels for just a little more money. Used would be a helluva lot cheaper, if you can find them. And yeah, I love that look, as well. There are a number of guys on the forum who appreciate that same style.
Here's mine, for my stalled project. Not Mopar wheels, but "smoothies":
img_0107-jpg.jpg

Reactions: wes11b10 and Zorba
Okay, so the pic you posted is not of the wheel you're looking for, then. If you'd like to buy new, then Summit racing has 'em, as do other sellers. Here's what they look like:
View attachment 198223
You can also buy "cop car" wheels the same size, though they are highly sought after in the used market, and are therefore fairly hard to find. They look like this:
View attachment 198224
These are also from Summit, but Jegs has 'em in 15" X 8" widths for the same price. Of course, all these are new, and therefore are getting up in price to where you could start looking at a number of different aftermarket wheels for just a little more money. Used would be a helluva lot cheaper, if you can find them. And yeah, I love that look, as well. There are a number of guys on the forum who appreciate that same style.
Here's mine, for my stalled project. Not Mopar wheels, but "smoothies":
View attachment 198225
YES! Sorry for my confusion, brother. I'd be all for scoring a set from a junkyard. I just want to make sure I get the correct ones.

Reactions: Squatch
Status
Not open for further replies.