• Want to add an app icon for this forum to your mobile device's home screen? Check out this thread to see how.
  • Have an event you want to share? Check out the new forum event calendar and how-to use it in this thread here.
  • To both new members and existing members, please read this thread about posting your topics in the correct sub-forum. It makes my job (and my life) a lot easier!

CJ turn signals on TJ

tworley

OlllllllO
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
@tworley i was.looking for your cj light mod on your build thread, is it there? Did you recently do the light mod, i didnt get but half way thru your.thread.
Not in any sort of formal way. This is probably the best picture I have at the moment. JK lights using the 3 1/8" hole saw. They have been in there since June and have not budged.

EagleRock Saran Wrap.PNG

Reactions: KCsTJ

LONGJP2

TJ Enthusiast
I wonder if that is the reason Jeep moved the lights from the front grill to the front fenders.
:)
I think I read somewhere the lights were moved because they had to be a certain distance apart to comply with European standards.

Reactions: KCsTJ

jjvw

It's great. No Issues.
Supporting Member
The size and shape of the JK lights is just about the right size for the TJ. Some have added the larger CJ turn signals and it looks odd to me.

Neil Sears

That's an interesting question. It's probably too much work for what you get but someone will do it, if they haven't already.

The next (unfortunate) question is, how long until we see JL turn signals on a TJ?
Right?

I love every part of a TJ except for the front signal lights. True, they are not as bad as the rectangle lights of the YJ but close.

Having said that if someone added JL turn signals it would be no worse.

I would imagine you would need to do the “highline mode” first?

Baltimoreed

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
My Jk lights are doing fine in my grille but I notched the housings and turned them slightly so they’re not going anywhere. When I get Ripley painted next month I’ll have my body guy clean up my not too pretty fender work.
5450AF8E-E8F9-40C6-9C48-E423DB412DF9.jpeg