CJ turn signals on TJ

@tworley i was.looking for your cj light mod on your build thread, is it there? Did you recently do the light mod, i didnt get but half way thru your.thread.

Not in any sort of formal way. This is probably the best picture I have at the moment. JK lights using the 3 1/8" hole saw. They have been in there since June and have not budged.

EagleRock Saran Wrap.PNG

Reactions: KCsTJ
That's an interesting question. It's probably too much work for what you get but someone will do it, if they haven't already.

The next (unfortunate) question is, how long until we see JL turn signals on a TJ?
Right?

I love every part of a TJ except for the front signal lights. True, they are not as bad as the rectangle lights of the YJ but close.

Having said that if someone added JL turn signals it would be no worse.

I would imagine you would need to do the “highline mode” first?

My Jk lights are doing fine in my grille but I notched the housings and turned them slightly so they’re not going anywhere. When I get Ripley painted next month I’ll have my body guy clean up my not too pretty fender work.
5450AF8E-E8F9-40C6-9C48-E423DB412DF9.jpeg

I thought about using the bigger Cj turn signals on my Tj/Cj8 mod but decided that I liked the look of the smaller ones on the shorter Tj grille. Either one looks a ton better than the fender mounted Tj signals To me. You however have both so I guess the po started on the mod and got lazy and didn’t finish. With 10 lights on the front of your Tj you're very well illuminated. _

Last edited:
In my mind, the CJ turn signals don't look right on a TJ unless you could get rid of the fender mounted turn signals.

In my mind, the CJ turn signals don't look right on a TJ unless you could get rid of the fender mounted turn signals.

They are a little large for the space. I think if they didn't originate from a CJ, people wouldn't be wanting to use them on a TJ.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris
I thought about using the bigger Cj turn signals on my Tj mod but decided that I liked the look of the smaller ones on the shorter Tj grille. Either one looks a ton better than the fender mounted Tj signals To me. You however have both so I guess the po started on the mod and got lazy and didn’t finish. With 10 lights on the front of your Tj you're very well illuminated. _
i think the po was running diffrent fenders all together because they dont match the rest of the paint and I think these fenders were put back on for the sale. I have seince put a diffrent bumper and winch on and thr two bottom lights where left on the old bumper. But now knowing the cj lights are not factory I want to remove the fender lights or something. I always thought there was alot of marker lights in that one area 😉