Class action lawsuit?

Moab

TJ Expert
Supporting Member
Screenshot_20210620-205342_Instagram.jpg

Reactions: Lucas Brown
Too bad it is only for the '16-2020 My 2011 was an oil guzzler and no one could find the source of the issue. Went with heavier weight oil and that helped a bit.

Reactions: Head Lice
Wife's '08 Sahara had the same problem. Mopar calls for a 5W-20 motor oil. You might as well be using WD40. Went to a 10W-30 and the problem is fixed.
That's what I did. From the dealer putting dyes in the oil and asking me to "not top it off until they see it two months later" to carrying two quarts of oil with me always. I loved the Jeep, the motor issues were annoying. PCV valve replacements and no obvious leak for the oil.

Reactions: Head Lice
You couldn’t pay me to own a modern FCA vehicle. Not just a Jeep either, any FCA vehicle.

You couldn’t pay me to own a modern FCA vehicle. Not just a Jeep either, any FCA vehicle.
You know Chris , I feel the same way.
But then I was thinking and I don't care for anyone's new vehicles !
It's a shame that the industry has been forced in many ways, ( some government , some greed ) to build over priced unreliable crap
that no true car guy wants.

Reactions: Chris and Zorba
Or any older Chrysler. They were Junk in the 80’s.

I remember being sick when i heard Chrysler bought Jeep. Figured they would ruin Jeep, but overall Jeep helped them and they helped Jeep.

The 3.8 is a well known oil user, I had read once it was a ring stacking issue, but whatever it is, it is very well known.

Odd deal, the 3.8 is a dog, but there have been a lot sold and they were reliable enough the Caravan was a success.

If there was an easy way to V8 a 3.8 wrangler, with values so low, it would be a very sought after used vehicle. Right now they bring less than TJ’s.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris