Clean Khaki LJ Rubicon For Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
The prices Unlimited Rubicons sell for amaze me.

Looking back at my financial decisions, I generally have regret, except for the Jeep in my garage. When I sold my 04 Sport Wrangler and bought an 05 Unlimited Rubicon (with 6,000 miles on the clock) it cost me $4K to swap.

Reactions: Starrs and skrelnik
The prices Unlimited Rubicons sell for amaze me.

Looking back at my financial decisions, I generally have regret, except for the Jeep in my garage. When I sold my 04 Sport Wrangler and bought an 05 Unlimited Rubicon (with 6,000 miles on the clock) it cost me $4K to swap.

Yeah, I just don't get it either. You can get a similar spec LJ for like $12k. What is it about a Rubicon that adds $15k of value? Better axles, a couple switches and a Rubicon sticker?

Yeah, I just don't get it either. You can get a similar spec LJ for like $12k. What is it about a Rubicon that adds $15k of value? Better axles, a couple switches and a Rubicon sticker?

I think it's just the resale value. The axles, transfer case, and lockers maybe add 6k of value in all reality, but the fact that it's a Rubicon adds tremendously to the resale value. I guess it is what it is, but I've noticed that even here in the PNW the Rubicon models go for considerably more money. Part of it is just the "Rubicon" name, much like a "M3" would go for a lot more than a standard 3 series.

Reactions: skrelnik
I think it's just the resale value. The axles, transfer case, and lockers maybe add 6k of value in all reality, but the fact that it's a Rubicon adds tremendously to the resale value. I guess it is what it is, but I've noticed that even here in the PNW the Rubicon models go for considerably more money. Part of it is just the "Rubicon" name, much like a "M3" would go for a lot more than a standard 3 series.
I would much rather buy it correct from the factory then mess with a shop installing the stuff and running the risk of something not being right. Piece of mind is s beautiful thing. That’s why they have rubicons and other options. Those that want to pay will pay and those that want to build overtime and end up spending the same if not more can do that too.

Reactions: skrelnik and Chris

In the M3's defense it would have an entirely different engine and also drivetrain, but I get the point you are saying. Perception is reality!

As Starrs said, some people would like to have it "right" from the factory, so I get it. Not everyone is like the members of this TJ forum that like to tackle a project and learn as they go. But $27k is just nuts IMHO.

Reactions: Chris and glwood
In the M3's defense it would have an entirely different engine and also drivetrain, but I get the point you are saying. Perception is reality!

As Starrs said, some people would like to have it "right" from the factory, so I get it. Not everyone is like the members of this TJ forum that like to tackle a project and learn as they go. But $27k is just nuts IMHO.

It's the LJ factor as well. They didn't make as many LJs, so the Rubicon model LJs tend to go for extreme prices.

Reactions: skrelnik

You thought your butt crack was bad...
2005-custom-jeep-wrangler-rubicon-tj-unlimited-white-rear-center.jpg

Wonder how much of a difference that dynomat stuff makes in the actual doors and floor to deaden sound..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wonder how much of a difference that dynomat stuff makes in the actual doors and floor to deaden sound..

Ask someone like @Serbonze who has done it. I think it makes a pretty big difference.

Ask someone like @Serbonze who has done it. I think it makes a pretty big difference.

I did mine for the heat although the product was advertised as sound deadening as well. It does a great job as an insulator, but I have half doors and no windows at all so I can’t comment on the sound reduction. I would think though, that the sound deadening of Dynamat is probably limited to using it with a hard top?

I did mine for the heat although the product was advertised as sound deadening as well. It does a great job as an insulator, but I have half doors and no windows at all so I can’t comment on the sound reduction. I would think though, that the sound deadening of Dynamat is probably limited to using it with a hard top?

That’s true. Unless you are using it in conjunction with a hard top and full doors, you don’t stand to gain anything from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.