Clean LJ Rubicon

Status
Not open for further replies.
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
Way better than those Jks you just posted. And a third of the price too. It's a bargain. But why change the wheels???? The stock rubicon wheels are great looking.

I agree, the stock wheels are great looking, that's why I kept mine!

I think his price is actually fair. It's an LJ Rubicon with really low miles, and it looks to be very clean.

I know that up in my area he would indeed get his asking price for that.

That is nice. I noticed the driver's side door panel has a split in it:
s-l1600.jpg

My DS panel also started to do that, in just about the same spot. I was able to catch it before it got more than an inch long, though. I applied epoxy and fiberglass mesh to the back side of the panel. The crack can't possibly spread now. This one has taken off...

This LJ is an example of one of those 'modded' Jeeps that used quality parts, where those don't detract from the value of the LJ. With the components used, you could be reasonably confident that the owner knew what they were doing. If you planned to end up with the same mods this one has, you would be time and money ahead. I agree that this one won't have any problem getting the asking price.

Although you have to wonder why the chrome side steps, and the transfer skid case spacers...

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris
The goofy thing with this ad is the poster went through so much trouble to hide the license plate with their finger in front of it...then they included a photo that plainly shows the license plate...oops.

I can't figure out why people bother hiding their license plates... What's the point? Even if I know your license plate number, unless I work at the DMV, I can't just go look up your address!

Reactions: dylansalrin
Seems a bit much. He has some stuff done to it, but I'd still rather buy a clean, unmolested TJ for that money.
Me too. They stated "We removed the Smittybilt "rails" and installed factory Jeep steps for easier vehicle access" - I wonder what they did about the holes in the body from removing the rock rails...

Reactions: Chris
Me too. They stated "We removed the Smittybilt "rails" and installed factory Jeep steps for easier vehicle access" - I wonder what they did about the holes in the body from removing the rock rails...

That's why I don't like buying built TJs. I might buy the right one if I knew it's history and it had quality parts like Currie, Savvy, etc. However, in 99% of situations I'd opt for the bone stock TJ with low miles and a good history.

Well, someone thought it was worth it. It shows sold for $22k.

That's a fair price. My super clean TJ Rubicon with 60k miles cost me 20k (which is what they go for up here).

Status
Not open for further replies.