Clean, low mileage LJ Rubicon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate that seat pattern. Why didn’t they just use black seats? Drives me nuts

Reactions: Starrs
The seat pattern doesn't bother me too much, but it would look better all black, I agree.

It spent it's whole life in PA and OH...now my jeep spent it's life in both as well and is pretty decent. Western PA and some of OH do not use salt on the roads from what I was told in the past

It spent it's whole life in PA and OH...now my jeep spent it's life in both as well and is pretty decent. Western PA and some of OH do not use salt on the roads from what I was told in the past

I went to college an hour outside Pittsburgh PA and know someone who was a borough manager out there, 100% use salt in the regions I lived (not sure up by Erie)

I searched specifically for a manual. Make or break it level for me.

Some people do. For off-roading though, I wouldn't own it unless it was an auto!

On the contrary, I wouldn't own a sports car unless it was a manual.

Some people do. For off-roading though, I wouldn't own it unless it was an auto!

On the contrary, I wouldn't own a sports car unless it was a manual.
It’s really engaging to drive a manual on the rocks, very challenging and exhilarating!

Reactions: MaloStapalo
It’s really engaging to drive a manual on the rocks, very challenging and exhilarating!

No doubt! I just prefer the automatic, one less thing for me to worry about.

In addition, I refuse to drive manual transmissions in traffic... Did that most of my adult life... never again.

Oh, and did I mention one nice perk of the 42RLE... you can get a RubiCrawler for it :D

You could get an Atlas 4-speed of course... that will just take a lot more work to get it to fit.

No doubt! I just prefer the automatic, one less thing for me to worry about.

In addition, I refuse to drive manual transmissions in traffic... Did that most of my adult life... never again.

Oh, and did I mention one nice perk of the 42RLE... you can get a RubiCrawler for it :D

You could get an Atlas 4-speed of course... that will just take a lot more work to get it to fit.
I’ve been following the Rubi-Crawler discussion.

I’m happy with the 6-speed, with 4.56 the gearing will be so low it will be as good as it can get without the 4:1 or Rubicrawler. Already at 3.73 on 33’s it crawls slow, But more power to you and the 42rle

I’ve been following the Rubi-Crawler discussion.

I’m happy with the 6-speed, with 4.56 the gearing will be so low it will be as good as it can get without the 4:1 or Rubicrawler. Already at 3.73 on 33’s it crawls slow, But more power to you and the 42rle

I wanted the RubiCrawler for a variety of reasons, but I think I'm really going to like that ultra low crawl. I've heard from everyone who has it that it works tremendously well when going down some of those big, steep declines at Moab and other places. You no longer have to be so reliant on the brakes.

There's hundreds of reviews on the Advanced Adapters site about the RubiCrawler, and every one of them sings nothing but praise. I guess we'll see though. Hidden benefit to the 42RLE I guess!

I wanted the RubiCrawler for a variety of reasons, but I think I'm really going to like that ultra low crawl. I've heard from everyone who has it that it works tremendously well when going down some of those big, steep declines at Moab and other places. You no longer have to be so reliant on the brakes.

There's hundreds of reviews on the Advanced Adapters site about the RubiCrawler, and every one of them sings nothing but praise. I guess we'll see though. Hidden benefit to the 42RLE I guess!
It’ll be cool when your kids grow up a bit more so you can make that Moab trip! I’m going next April with several others on the forum. It’ll be just like ole’ times

Reactions: Chris
It’ll be cool when your kids grow up a bit more so you can make that Moab trip! I’m going next April with several others on the forum. It’ll be just like ole’ times

Yep, that's the goal. I could take them now, but it wouldn't be as much fun, since I'd be getting tons of whining and complaining to say the least. I want them to be old enough where they will remember it, and actually have a good time.

Reactions: JMT
Status
Not open for further replies.