Clear coat over Rust-Oleum bed liner spray?

Leinhit

TJ Enthusiast
I've used Rust-Oleum black bed liner spray on various parts of my Jeep as a paint.

However I am putting a contrasting flat sand color in other areas and that is not bed liner.

I would like to put a clear coat over all of it is this possible? Do they make a clear coat for a flat type paint.

I was thinking clear coat for UV protection to protect against fade and other benefits.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Monstaliner and Raptor liner are both UV stable. They're both also 2 part epoxy liners so they're MONUMENTALLY more durable. Both are also tintable so you can get a color tint mixed up at an auto paint shop and have it in whatever color you want.

Well worth the extra cost.

I will look into that... Think I was going just flat paint for the desert sand and no more bed liner, but I was gonna pull the carpet and do the tub this summer.

I will look into that... Think I was going just flat paint for the desert sand and no more bed liner, but I was gonna pull the carpet and do the tub this summer.

I got my jeep recently but I also plan on spending a weekend and doing the tub. I'm likely going to go with Monstaliner and get it tinted to match factory yellow.

Reactions: Leinhit
I've used Rust-Oleum black bed liner spray on various parts of my Jeep as a paint.

However I am putting a contrasting flat sand color in other areas and that is not bed liner.

I would like to put a clear coat over all of it is this possible? Do they make a clear coat for a flat type paint.

I was thinking clear coat for UV protection to protect against fade and other benefits.

Don't. It will turn out ugly. Ask me why I know...

Don't. It will turn out ugly. Ask me why I know...
Don't go over bed liner with clear coat? What happened?

Glad u spoke up,. Was getting close to this project getting started