Cleggs master rebuild kit for 4.0 liter

First time I've heard of it. What brand of gaskets and parts does it use?

First time I've heard of it. What brand of gaskets and parts does it use?
Details
Jeep 4.0 Engine Rebuild Kit

This Kit Includes:
  • Felpro gasket Set
  • Sealed Power Pistons (Hypereutectic Coated Piston)
  • Clevite Rod Bearings
  • Clevite Main Bearings
  • Hastings rings
  • Durabond camshaft bearings
  • Melling Oil Pump
  • Melling Freeze plugs
  • Melling Camshaft (for thrust plate) - Stock Camshaft upgrade available
  • Johnson / EPW lifters
  • Engine Pro Timing Set (USA)
Stage 1 Camshaft Specs:

RPM Range : 1000 to 5200
Duration 263 Intake | 267 Exhaust
Duration @ 0.050 Valve Lift 209 Intake | 213 Exhaust
Valve Lift 0.443 Intake | 0.443 Exhaust

Reactions: mots and Chris
Felpro makes good gaskets, and Melling makes great stuff as well. I used their high flow oil pumps in all of the LS engines I've ever owned.

I would definitely feel okay buying that kit.

Reactions: mots and reddvltj
It sounds like a decent kit. If you do it I would spring for the cam upgrade.
What type of performance benefit, ballpark, would this type of mild cam upgrade yield on a stock 4.0? Would it require tuning, or perhaps an injector upgrade, to properly extract the power from the new engine profile? Seems like it would be better to just go for a stroker if extra power is desired, and then choose a complimentary cam to go with the build. This is most likely what I’d do if the original 4.0 ever needs replaced or rebuilt. But, I am curious to know what just a mild cam can do, if I’m ever in this position and don’t want to spend the extra money on the stroker.

What type of performance benefit, ballpark, would this type of mild cam upgrade yield on a stock 4.0? Would it require tuning, or perhaps an injector upgrade, to properly extract the power from the new engine profile? Seems like it would be better to just go for a stroker if extra power is desired, and then choose a complimentary cam to go with the build. This is most likely what I’d do if the original 4.0 ever needs replaced or rebuilt. But, I am curious to know what just a mild cam can do, if I’m ever in this position and don’t want to spend the extra money on the stroker.
Without throwing around hp and torque #s, I'll just say you'd expect more bottom end torque and faster throttle response along with more midrange power. No custom tuning should be required and the stock fuel system should support it.

I did use that kit with that stage 1 cam. Call clegg's because there is a cam bearing upgrade available for that cam which I did use supposedly stops the dryer starts. Everything seems to be good quality the Fel-Pro gaskets were
IMG_20190922_171511064_TOP.jpg
nice I had no problems motor runs like a champ.

I’m pretty sure that’s the kit I just used. Purchased mine through the shop I used for the machine work. He gave me 10% over his cost which put the kit to $650. Had the standard cam with it. I have the engine rebuilt and installed, but still haven’t had a chance to start it yet (still finishing up the install and I have to paint the inside and outside of the tub so I can re-install the dash and steering column). The parts seemed first rate, and it was the kit recommended by the shop. I don’t think the standard kit will give you any performance benefit, except for the fact it will be like a brand new engine!

7CA4D750-ED04-466E-9050-2B3FB3D9242C.jpeg