Climate Control bulbs

old thread so I'll roll the dice on a response... for those of you have have swapped out your Climate Control lights with LEDs, did you use blue or white? if white, what temp did you choose?

Sorry, i mean do you have to take the cluster apart or are they accessible to remove without having to take the cluster apart
You're asking about the climate control or the gauge cluster?

Either way, you gain access to the bulbs from the back of each of them.

For the HVAC, remove the center stack face plate.. two screws under the defroster trim. There might be a third screw behind the ash tray if your jeep is equipped with one. Gently pull the facia towards to release the four sprint clips.. two by the radio and two towards the bottom of the trim. Then the four screws holding the HVAC control unit and you can then access the bulbs.

For the gauge cluster, you have to remove a few more pieces.. The knee panel first.. two exposed screws. Then the trim around the cluster (four screws if I remember correctly. Two under the defroster trim and two hidden by the knee panel. Then four hiding the cluster in place. Gently pull the cluster towards you. Access the bulbs from the back. You don't have to take the face off the gauge cluster.

Remember.. LEDs have polarity. So if they don't light up initially, remove, spin 180 degrees and reinsert.

Reactions: red02tj
You're asking about the climate control or the gauge cluster?

Either way, you gain access to the bulbs from the back of each of them.

For the HVAC, remove the center stack face plate.. two screws under the defroster trim. There might be a third screw behind the ash tray if your jeep is equipped with one. Gently pull the facia towards to release the four sprint clips.. two by the radio and two towards the bottom of the trim. Then the four screws holding the HVAC control unit and you can then access the bulbs.

For the gauge cluster, you have to remove a few more pieces.. The knee panel first.. two exposed screws. Then the trim around the cluster (four screws if I remember correctly. Two under the defroster trim and two hidden by the knee panel. Then four hiding the cluster in place. Gently pull the cluster towards you. Access the bulbs from the back. You don't have to take the face off the gauge cluster.

Remember.. LEDs have polarity. So if they don't light up initially, remove, spin 180 degrees and reinsert.

Awesome. Thank you for that!

Reactions: MikekiM