Close to being an almost finished build (almost)

nondem

TJ Enthusiast
So, with the assistance of you guys I made some decisions about wheels and tires and I'm SO happy I didn't go w/33's. These KM3's look great on my TJ.
For that matter...pretty much every single decision I made was with the help of the folks here/build threads etc...and I thank you all for that.
I've tried to follow the "Buy Once Cry Once" plan...and it has been painful and expensive as I assume every proper Jeep build is.

1658491608955.jpeg

1658491912787.jpeg

Build Details:

Currie/RockJock Parts:
4” lift springs.
Front/Rear/Upper/Lower bump stops.
Adjustable control arms all around w/double-adjustable uppers.
Adjustable front track bar
Shock relocation brackets
Rear sway bar extensions
Antirock(steel) Front sway bar

MetalCloak Framebuilt base front bumper w/Shackle mounts and hawse fairlead.
WARN VRO 10s Winch.
Rancho RS5000X Shocks front and rear
Rugged Ridge Mega-Short Slip Yoke Eliminator
Tom Woods custom(19”) rear CV driveshaft w/X splines
Spartan Front Locker
Brake Line extensions front/rear
B&M 70624 Transmission Cooler
Tactik 15x8 Steels
BFG Mud Terrain KM3 in 35x12.50R15

Todo:
1.25” Body Lift & 1” Motor Mount Lift. (parts in hand)
CorrectLync Steering
Dana 44 Rear Axle w/trac-lock and disks.
Regear to 4.88 or…TBD
Upgrade Dana 30 axle shafts.
3/16” rocker armor.
Plate rear bumper w/shackle mounts.
Angry Bird grill...(just kidding - not ever)

https://photos.app.goo.gl/RimDTju4gArofxhc8

Last edited:
My favorite kind of Jeep. Sleek, and tough looking. It is nice to get on here when you first get the jeep so you do it right the first time. I like that color, and nothing is in your face.

So, with the assistance of you guys I made some decisions about wheels and tires and I'm SO happy I didn't go w/33's. These KM3's look great on my TJ.
For that matter...pretty much every single decision I made was with the help of the folks here/build threads etc...and I thank you all for that.
I've tried to follow the "Buy Once Cry Once" plan...and it has been painful and expensive as I assume every proper Jeep build is.

View attachment 344982

View attachment 344983

Build Details:

Currie/RockJock Parts:
4” lift springs.
Front/Rear/Upper/Lower bump stops.
Adjustable control arms all around w/double-adjustable uppers.
Adjustable front track bar
Shock relocation brackets
Rear sway bar extensions
Antirock(steel) Front sway bar

MetalCloak Framebuilt base front bumper w/Shackle mounts and hawse fairlead.
WARN VRO 10s Winch.
Rancho RS5000X Shocks front and rear
Rugged Ridge Mega-Short Slip Yoke Eliminator
Tom Woods custom(19”) rear CV driveshaft w/X splines
Spartan Front Locker
Brake Line extensions front/rear
B&M 70624 Transmission Cooler
Tactik 15x8 Steels
BFG Mud Terrain KM3 in 35x12.50R15

Todo:
1.25” Body Lift & 1” Motor Mount Lift. (parts in hand)
CorrectLync Steering
Dana 44 Rear Axle w/trac-lock and disks.
Regear to 4.88 or…TBD
Upgrade Dana 30 axle shafts.
3/16” rocker armor.
Plate rear bumper w/shackle mounts.
Angry Bird grill...(just kidding - not ever)

https://photos.app.goo.gl/RimDTju4gArofxhc8

I'm with Boogie, Nice Jeep!

Reactions: John Cooper
Thanks guys :) I gotta say it turned out way better looking than I was expecting.
The clean/stock-ish all-business look...This is my favorite picture - shoulda posted it first.

I'm a little concerned the 1.25" body lift will slightly spoil the look...I've always liked the big tires/low fender look...full wheel wells. I know I need the extra height to clear the tires correctly though. I'm going to try to get it installed w/the MMLs this weekend.
1658528093783.png

Thanks guys :) I gotta say it turned out way better looking than I was expecting.
The clean/stock-ish all-business look...This is my favorite picture - shoulda posted it first.

I'm a little concerned the 1.25" body lift will slightly spoil the look...I've always liked the big tires/low fender look...full wheel wells. I know I need the extra height to clear the tires correctly though. I'm going to try to get it installed w/the MMLs this weekend.
View attachment 345103

Usually you need the BL to go with your TT.

Very similar to my build! It has been expensive and a pain in the ass, but after spending months on here researching, I knew I'd be happier with the "buy once cry once" philosophy.

Awesome rig!

Reactions: RINC and nondem
Do you recall with Rancho RS5000X part numbers that you went with?

Part Numbers RS55255 and RS55256

As I remember their range of motion in this application fit a 4" lift slightly better than the appropriate 9000X.
I can't say I've put them to the test but they sure ride nice with these spindly 4" RockJock springs. Amazon has them as a set for $251.

1658538257962.png

Reactions: John Cooper

View attachment 345103

This is with the body lift while I still had 31" tyres.
bodylift001.jpg

Now with 35" tyres.
tires005.jpg

View attachment 345103

nice looking rig.

Terrific job!
Now comes the last (and longest) part of the build process: listening to your Jeep and letting it tell you what it needs. Sometimes all it asks for is a small adjustment, and other times it needs a confident driver (remember you're part of the build, too!).
Please remember to pay it forward, and thank you in advance for being the resource the next person needs to fulfill their potential!

Reactions: 97TJNM and nondem
This is a similar pic after the 1.25 BL and MML install...now I gotta slip a Moryde tailgate reinforcement kit by the wife so I can get this giant spare tire out of the way :)

1663331981588.png

Reactions: 97TJNM