Clutch Replacement: OEM or Aftermarket?

Mudguard2004

Well, the throwout bearing went out in my 2004 TJ Rubicon. Obviously, I will be replacing the entire clutch system. Is OEM OK for clutch replacement? Or, is there an aftermarket product that would be better?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OEM (LUK) is the only clutch replacement you'll see anyone recommend for the most part.

There is no aftermarket clutch that is better than the OEM. Not for TJs at least.

Reactions: Mudguard2004
OEM (LUK) is the only clutch replacement you'll see anyone recommend for the most part.

There is no aftermarket clutch that is better than the OEM. Not for TJs at least.
You can’t get better than a Luk especially when it’s got a 156,000 miles on it.

Reactions: Chris
Perfect. That’s what I was thinking. But figured I’d throw it out to the group in case I missed something! Thanks guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By now you should know I generally go against the grain. As a current owner of a manual TJ, I always recommend Sachs and Mopar parts for the clutch. Metal throw out bearing vs the plastic one in the Luk kit. The Sachs kit is $15 more than Luk on Rockauto.

I belive the correct Sacks kit part number for a 2004 is Sachs K1890-05.

OEM is great and worth it.

Reactions: Chris