Clutch replacement

Any member in Louisiana know of a good transmission shop? Want to replace my clutch
Thanks
Do it yourself...not too hard and a Luk clutch and the other parts are cheap on Amazon.

Only special tool you're going to need is the reverse torx for the top...take those out first...E12 or something close.

-Mac

Did a lot of things but never a clutch replacement. Guess I will have to get a transmission jack and do some research.

Reactions: JMT
Did a lot of things but never a clutch replacement. Guess I will have to get a transmission jack and do some research.
I just did mine. I ran into two issues...one...my skid plate bolts were hex with a cheap 1" square tube spacer...they were stripped and rusted/siezed into the frame.

I welded nuts on the end for hours...fun welding upside down...then gave up and used my torch and cut the bolts off in the middle of the spacer. Then I replaced all the frame rivnuts with Mr. Blaine's kit and tool and coated the new bolts in copper antisieze.

Second issue was stripping that reverse torx bolt on the top...I think I used one size off and I should have done those first.

I was able to drop everything with a floor jack.

Consider a cable shifter for the transfer case and a SYE/driveshaft while you have it down. I did both and eliminated my spacer.

Pm me if you want my number... happy to help.

-Mac

Not a cheap clutch and Pressure plate. That's what I have now for 5 years and would install another when this ones gone.
The cheaper route would be with a LUK clutch. Members swear by this one too.
Ive been running one since 2000 in this `99. 3rd fresh one in now.

Reactions: Akitadog