Clutch slave cylinder arm sheared off

coffeeguy

Replacing master and slave assembly, pulled off slave and the plastic arm sheared off in the bell housing, am I screwed and need to have someone who know what the are doing pull apart the trans? Or will plastic just get ground up?
IMG_0257.jpg

You’ll be just fine. The plastic will just get ground up and shouldn’t do any damage.

Thanks. Replace master slave today and pedal wouldn’t budge, Bled the slave cylinder and all I get is grinding. Guessing the shearing was result of some thing else failing?

Make sure the master has the clutch rod aligned. It may be stepping on the pedal is causing the rod to not engage the master correctly.

Thanks for the follow up, seems to be in correctly, there is a slight grinding sound when idling. Curious if slave rod is not hitting fork (?) fully. Old rod may be stuck in there or whatever is wrong caused it to snap I first place. Getting above my skill set. Car will move in reverse and move In both 1st, 2nd gear. Is this an indication that clutch still working as I can move between these gears with Jeep turned off? Any help is appreciated as I don’t want to bring it in and told I need a whole new clutch assembly. I am able to engage forward and reverse gears tells me it shifts but clutch just is t engaging. Appreciate the help, trying to enjoy this midlife crisis but frustrated by this whole deal.

No. Engine off you should be able to shift into any gear. Same as you can when the trans is sitting on a bench. The grit ding at idle would lead me towards the throw out bearing not allowed to fully disengage the clutch fingers. I'm afraid you just might have to pull the trans to see what is going on in the clutch. Bearing on backwards? Fork slipped off pivot? Wrong pilot bearing? I know I saw a Utube video about an oddball pilot bearing in relation to the input shaft length. I'll see if I can relocate it.

Can't find the Utube. If you pull the trans and the throw out bearing is ok then let me know and I'll try to explain the pilot bush issue.