Coalmont OHV

RHanna

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Had a long day yesterday driving down to Tracy City, TN and back. We were on the trail for 10 hours straight. Again had problems with my rear locker. We tried to bypass the relay but it still didn't work. Next project will be to re-wire the eaton locker in the rear.

I was back to being the small jeep in the group. I think there were 12 of us, me and 2 XJs had 35 inch tires and everyone else had 42, tons, and coilovers, you know the usual stuff.

IMG_2515.JPG

A small church in the middle of our trip which is still in service.
IMG_2520.JPG

Opening of the cave
IMG_2521.JPG

IMG_2522.JPG
IMG_2523.JPG

IMG_2524.JPG

Went back June 26 and met up with a few other riders (Jeep with 42's, Buggy with 42s, Honda Talon, and me on 35s) It looks like they have made a lot of progress since last year but it also doesn't look like they've officially opened.

Exhibit A, what not to do. I haven't been offroading in this Jeep very long but I know you aren't supposed to bounce up and down. Luckily I didn't break anything and I was finally able to get over the waterfall by the end of the poor quality video.

Went back June 26 and met up with a few other riders (Jeep with 42's, Buggy with 42s, Honda Talon, and me on 35s) It looks like they have made a lot of progress since last year but it also doesn't look like they've officially opened.

Exhibit A, what not to do. I haven't been offroading in this Jeep very long but I know you aren't supposed to bounce up and down. Luckily I didn't break anything and I was finally able to get over the waterfall by the end of the poor quality video.

That waterfall does not like the wheelbase of our TJ's.

I have been up that very waterfall, the video does not show the steepness, slickness and size of the ledges in real-life.

I’d hate to see it after a rain.
Clearer short video.

Lead jeep walked up it like it wasn’t even there.

So y'all came down from Coalmont into Coppinger cove?? Let us know the next time y'all head down!!!!! @AndyG @Hog and several others are wanting to ride there!!!!!!

Last year we started at Coalmont and ended in Sequatchie I believe and then rode back up highway 41. It was a long day and someone in another Jeep was stung by something and ended up having seizures. We drove out as quick as we could go but it still took about 2 hours. She's ok but it made me think about my medical kit more and add Benadryl at least.

Reactions: John Cooper