California Coast to Coast trip

Bigmac

Rather be in 29 palms.
Supporting Member
I am about to make another cross country military move. Been from Camp Lejeune, NC to Camp Pendleton, CA. From there back to Quantico, VA, and now back to 29 Palms CA. This time will be different. Fed up with paying to ship my Jeep cross country, we purchased a truck, and are in the market for a slide in camper and auto trailer for the Jeep.

If I want to I can take almost a month in route to 29 palms (read Johnson Valley)

Contemplating putting a big route together with some of the best wheeling spots across the country along the way, probably stay 2 or 3 days at each spot with 5 or 6 spots across country. Moab would be on the list for sure. I'm obviously not looking to zig-zag from Michigan to Alabama to North Dakota to Arizona, but if i could get 5 or 6 great spots along a simple route it would be a great trip.

May to June time frame means I have to take temperatures into account as well. I don't think the family will tolerate a trail run if its over 85.

Thoughts from the group?

Whatever you do, I thank you for your service and continued dedication to the well being of our country. I hope you enjoy every second of what sounds like a pretty epic trip. At least as a jeeper, you'll be back in a pretty awesome location for enjoying your vehicle...

From one to another, Semper Fi...
89-93

(my son is an airframer/AO(53's) at Miramar and a TJ driver also)

Whatever you do, I thank you for your service and continued dedication to the well being of our country. I hope you enjoy every second of what sounds like a pretty epic trip. At least as a jeeper, you'll be back in a pretty awesome location for enjoying your vehicle...

From one to another, Semper Fi...
89-93

(my son is an airframer/AO(53's) at Miramar and a TJ driver also)
Semper fidelis to you and your son as well.

My dad is a former active duty Marine as well.
You just don't hear as many kids say "when I grow up I want to be an acccountant like my old man"

No offense to accountants...