Cobra 75 WX ST Thoughts?

I’ve had one for a couple of years and I’m very happy with it. I like that you can remove the mic and put it out of sight.
I have the jack mounted on the side of the console.
9569DC25-638D-4692-A0BE-9F39654308E4.jpeg

Reactions: Mrprez
Seems like a crap shoot. I started looking into the unidens as well but after reading reviews, it seems like the cobra is still the number one go to especially since the only real issue is in regards to the sound which is an easy remedy.
Have you held the Cobra? It is pretty big and heavy. But, the thing I don't like about the Uniden is the digital squelch and volume controls. I am currently high bidder on a lightly used Midland but with 36 hours left, I don't think my high bid will stand up. These can be bought for $100 shipped.

Have you held the Cobra? It is pretty big and heavy. But, the thing I don't like about the Uniden is the digital squelch and volume controls. I am currently high bidder on a lightly used Midland but with 36 hours left, I don't think my high bid will stand up. These can be bought for $100 shipped.

It's funny how they try and make the Uniden look alot smaller by wrapping their fingers around it more and not on the Cobra. I don't think the Cobra is Big or Heavy at all....its plastic.

Reactions: DrDmoney
Relative to the Uniden, the Cobra is heavier and larger. Most of the guts of the radio are in the mic of the Cobra.

They each have benefits and drawbacks. If there was a place to mount an Uniden 520xl in a hidden location, that is what I would do. I don't want to have anything showing that would tempt someone to try and cut my windows to steal a $35 radio.

Reactions: DrDmoney
They each have benefits and drawbacks. If there was a place to mount an Uniden 520xl in a hidden location, that is what I would do. I don't want to have anything showing that would tempt someone to try and cut my windows to steal a $35 radio.

Ha I feel like you are reinterating my whole thought process on CBs. So similar, Uniden hand mic doesnt quite have the feautures and the newest is a crapshoot, 520xl is too cluttered in a small interior like jeep and would rather have something hidden. All comes back to the Cobra. Ill have to check the midland out.

Reactions: Mrprez and DrDmoney
Thanks for the validation, sometimes I wonder if it’s more of an obsession. I don’t think there is a holy grail here. Just going to have to settle for hitting most of the high points.