Code P0135: upstream O2 sensor?

I know its for the upstream O2 sensor.
But i was wondering if that would cause backfire and stalling.
Yes it absolutely would cause that.
Not only will your engine run better, your mileage will improve.
However you must replace it with the right one. I can't grab the link on this fone but you can search or someone will provide the link sooner or later

A bad O2 sensor can absolutely cause those symptoms.

Check this thread out:
The Official Jeep Wrangler TJ Oxygen (O2) Sensor Thread

That will give you the exact O2 sensor you need for your year of vehicle, and it's the right sensor too (NGK), as aftermarket sensors are known to cause issues with out TJs.
I changed the o2 sensor and my jeep is still backfiring and stalling.. it only does it when accelerating and it starts fine

No checked all around and noone had one.. didnt want to have to order one.
I got an exact fit bosch from autozone

That’s more than likely your issue then.

Bosch sensors are known to not work well. None of them work well except NGK. You might think I’m just being overly cautious, but this is a well known, well documented issue.

That’s more than likely your issue then.

Bosch sensors are known to not work well. None of them work well except NGK. You might think I’m just being overly cautious, but this is a well known, well documented issue.
Nah i believe they arent as good as the OE but to not have any positive effect from putting new ones in makes me think there is some other problem. I figured these would do the trick at least until i could order some online at some point

Nah i believe they arent as good as the OE but to not have any positive effect from putting new ones in makes me think there is some other problem. I figured these would do the trick at least until i could order some online at some point

Well, if you believe that, then carry on. I disagree with you on this one, but clearly my advice means nothing here.

EDIT: By the way, when I was new to TJs I had a bad O2 sensor. Knowing nothing, I replaced it with a Bosch sensor and the issue didn't go away. Guess what happened when I replaced it with an NGK? The issue was gone.

This is a well documented issue, and it's been talked about and discussed on all of the Jeep forums throughout the years. If you want to ignore good (and obvious) advice, by all means, be my guest.

Ordering an NGK O2 sensor via Amazon Prime would take 2 days to get there, and very likely fix your issue. It would at the very least rule out the O2 sensor as the culprit FOR SURE, which can't be said with the Bosch sensor.

I'm going to sit this thread out. It's very obvious you have no interest in my advice, even though it's good advice.

Update on the issue i was having!
Finally bit the bullet and had it taken to a mechanic.
They tested fuel pressure and a bunch of other stuff.
Was only getting 10 pounds of pressure at idle. So it was a bad fuel pump!

Update on the issue i was having!
Finally bit the bullet and had it taken to a mechanic.
They tested fuel pressure and a bunch of other stuff.
Was only getting 10 pounds of pressure at idle. So it was a bad fuel pump!
Forgot to mention that i also changed distributor, TPS, map sensor, plugs and plug wires before i gave up and took to the mechanic