Code P0462 won't go away

Okay so quick update, the shop it’s been at finally finished looking over everything. Tried a separate wire from the tank to the PCM and still came up with the same problem. He diagnosed it to be a bad fuel pump, this is about the third unit in there. This is Bosch unit. I am now in search of an OEM fuel pump. Chrysler says it’s on back order with no eta. Any idea where I can get one?

Okay so Mopar fuel pump came and did not fix the issue unfortunately. This is the 4th fuel pump in it, which is safe to say it’s 1000% not the fuel pump. Mechanic has gone over wiring and grounds and could not find anything wrong. He is wanting to take apart the harness and see what’s going on. He also says the schematic he has been looking at it is wrong and there is more wires and than the schematic shows. He did suggest I replace the entire harness, if I were to do that, what exact harness would I need? Body?

Final update (finally): After 15 long hours of troubleshooting with my mechanic, leaving absolutely no stone unturned, he called it quits. I wasn't ready though. As my grandfather used to tell me "Every problem has a solution". After replacing the fuel pump 3 times, the PCM 3 times, and even a different instrument cluster, there was no resolution. With nothing to lose, I asked him to do me this one last favor. Remove that goddamn remote starter/alarm kit (that never even worked in the first place). He did, and low and behold, the Jeep is now fixed, unsurprisingly it drives way better, more smooth, with no hiccups, nothing.

I can also finally drive my Jeep without carrying a jerry can in my trunk all the time as well as get it inspected and be able to park on the side of my house without getting a ticket.

Thank you everyone for your help and patience through this adventure haha

314464497_1481591405684179_4691207744190610313_n.jpg

315231786_1120684585231800_7403483629431376597_n.jpg

• Love
Reactions: JMT
Hey everyone, fortunate and unfortunate news. Around January the mechanic I go to had removed the code and the gas gauge was working fine, turned out to be a pinched wire somewhere. The Jeep was excellent for a while, till a month ago.

The code is back and the same problem is occurring. No gas gauge whatsoever, unless you erase the codes. This time my mechanic went over all the wiring, nothing. Fuel pump, nothing. So then he suggested I replace the instrument cluster, after finally finding one, we order it, replace it, nothing. We’re now waiting for @Wranglerfix PCM to arrive and see if the PCM is the problem, which as the manual states if all else fails the PCM is the problem.

Me and my father are suspecting that maybe the unsuccessful remote start that the previous owner installed has something to do with this. If I don’t turn on the Jeep for more than 3 days, it’ll die. So I know there’s a power leak somewhere, just don’t know where.

Any insight or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Check the wiring going into the pcm it's the white plug. I found a very hard section of wire about 2 inches long. I cut the hard piece out and replaced the wire and my problem went away. It was giving irrational resistance to the computer. Hope that helps