Coil pack

CasterTroy

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Has anyone gone with anything other than a mopar replacement?

I got the P0303 code yesterday after a running errands. Still not certain I didn't get water in the boot after powerwashing the motor saturday night when I got back from URE. Doesn't run poorly or idle rough...but at 117k it's time for a coil pack anyway, just wanted to see what others went with.

I know this isn't and answer to your question, but I am always weary of Chinese replacement electronics like the kind you'd find at your local auto part store. Though I've never tried them personally, I've heard people say they have issues.

The dealer will be the most expensive for the Mopar coil pack. If you go to www.wermopar.com, be aware that while the photo of the ignition coil shown there shows the older style ignition coil, the p/n they give is actually correct for the coil pack. If they don't show it in stock, look for one for a 2006. They cut parts availability off at about 10 years so if you have a 2003 or 2004, it may not show as being in stock even though they will for the same part for a newer model Wrangler. Another good site is www.amazon.com which also has the Mopar coil rail.

AB is just a slightly newer version than AA. So long as the numbers remain the same, the difference between an AA and AB is very likely insignificant.

Reactions: Chris