Coiled air hose

NashvilleTJ

I miss the snow...
Ride of the Month Winner
Lifetime Supporting Member
I soured on coiled airlines pretty quick because the lines had 1/4” inner ID…3/8” provides much more airflow.

I purchased the bluebird, Goodyear, and flexilla. The flexilla won by a wide margine bc it’s less rigid and much more pliable. My flexilla was stolen when the rig was vandalized, and I specifically purchased another flexilla because it doesn’t annoy me to use and seems plenty durable for my needs.

i bought a flexzilla too. bigger diameter so i need new connectors. but it was twice the price. half the length.

What are you guys running for OBA where the larger diameter makes a difference?

Stinkbug

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I hate coiled hoses with a passion. They take up more space and somehow always find a way to tangle themselves. For my Jeep. I use a I use Flexeel from CoilHose and have zero complaints.

steelhd

TJ Addict
What are you guys running for OBA where the larger diameter makes a difference?
I started down the 3/8" hose path because the larger ID of the fittings and hose will reduce pressure loss and should speed up tire inflation. As I was ordering the parts I realized that extra bulk of the hose I had to store wasn't worth it for my pump and the small increase in pressure due to the tire's extremely restrictive schrader valve.

Last edited:

Apparition

Moab June 11-16th 2023
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
I liked the flexzilla air hose so much we bought their water hoses with quick disconnects also.

B69195AE-C6DE-471C-9B4B-E8F71871275F.jpeg