Coiled air hose

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
Supporting Member
Looking for a "decent" coiled air hose to carry in the Jeep. I had one from Harbor Bomber that lasted a few years, then cracked open. Is that what I should expect from these in general, or can I do better?

I got one from Amazon that I thought would handle the PSI of my compressor but I misread the info and it blew on the 3rd tire. My fault but it was about 20 psi to low for what I needed.

I got one from Lowes, probably kobalt brand but I can’t remember. It’s rated higher than need and has worked well so far. I also have the same one in my shop for a few years with no issues.

The best one I have found is from Powertank. I carry 3 or 4 of them in various places. They are expensive, but the highest quality I have found. Lasted for years so far.

Reactions: Wildman and Zorba
McMaster's sells some. I'd bought both of mine from Kilby before he sold his business and the new company doesn't have them listed on their website.

https://www.mcmaster.com/coiled-air-hose/

Yea, I was looking at McMaster and Grainger both. No brand names so I don't know what I'm getting - but OTOH, McMaster doesn't sell junk.

The best one I have found is from Powertank. I carry 3 or 4 of them in various places. They are expensive, but the highest quality I have found. Lasted for years so far.

I carry 2. A 15' & a 35'. I'll check and see if there is any brand name on them. Mine look like this.

1669261010154.png

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008PZ9UF8/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Reactions: Zorba
Don't see any brand or other information to indicate a manufacturer. But here is what they look like.

20221124_124549.jpg

Reactions: Zorba
I have never used a coiled air hose I ever liked. But I've had this knocking around in the Jeep for over 6 years with hundreds of uses with no sign of trouble.

BLUBIRD BB3825 3/8" x 25' Rubber Air Hose, 100% Rubber, Lightest, Strongest, Most Flexible, 300 PSI, -50F to 190F Degrees, Ozone Resistant, High Strength Polyester Braided https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00V5ANLKU/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Screenshot_20221124-162826_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Never liked the coiled hoses, they take up greater space and always seem to get tangled. I have some sort of version of flexzilla I believe, its a transparent blue 1/4" poly hose I received when I bought a C02 package years ago. It has Reel n Made Co. posted on the side but I cannot find anything about the company. Its been tossed and used many times and has shown no signs of deteriorating.

20191105_170933.jpg

I soured on coiled airlines pretty quick because the lines had 1/4” inner ID…3/8” provides much more airflow.

I purchased the bluebird, Goodyear, and flexilla. The flexilla won by a wide margine bc it’s less rigid and much more pliable. My flexilla was stolen when the rig was vandalized, and I specifically purchased another flexilla because it doesn’t annoy me to use and seems plenty durable for my needs.

Reactions: Apparition