College Budget Build

I'm always amazed at WHAT people DON'T know about their rigs. And I always laugh when I read an ad from some dealership that says they have a Jeep TJ with a 4.0 V-6 engine.....

Unless it is a Rubicon model it came with a Dana 30 front and a Dana 35 or 44 rear axle. The Rubicon model came with a Dana 44 front & rear. The way you can tell if your rear is a Dana 35 or 44 is a Dana 35 came with a rubber plug in the stock cover where the Dana 44 came with a metal screw in plug. The shape between the two axles is also very different.
Took a closer look at my axles today and confirmed that it is Dana 30 front and 35 rear. Thanks for your help!

Took a closer look at my axles today and confirmed that it is Dana 30 front and 35 rear. Thanks for your help!

No problem that is what this forum is for. So as I said before keep a watch for someone parting out a 4 cylinder TJ and if you can get the axles for CHEAP it's a easy gear change. In the newer 4 cyl TJ's with the 2.4 & an auto tranny some had 4.56 gears. But they are hard to find.

Reactions: burdetter16
Nice work so far! I’ll be following along. I also have a white 2001 Sahara

8AC3B6B1-8EAE-4C35-AE62-628D3DC96A60.jpeg

A couple weeks ago my A/C went out. First I replaced my blower motor since it’s a pretty inexpensive and easy fix but that didn’t fix it. I finally took the time to take apart the dash yesterday and look at the back of the control module. I found that the electrical connector for the a/c heater control was melted.
01CE20C2-AB5E-4836-8147-864C5728294B.jpeg
Thanks to some advice from @TrueTexas I was able to fix the problem with some female slide connectors and heat shrink. B4D459B6-4D19-499E-BA51-5E31B31266A3.jpeg
Now I have heat heat for my first winter in my Jeep👍🏼

A couple weeks ago my A/C went out. First I replaced my blower motor since it’s a pretty inexpensive and easy fix but that didn’t fix it. I finally took the time to take apart the dash yesterday and look at the back of the control module. I found that the electrical connector for the a/c heater control was melted.
View attachment 209478
Thanks to some advice from @TrueTexas I was able to fix the problem with some female slide connectors and heat shrink. View attachment 209479
Now I have heat heat for my first winter in my Jeep👍🏼
If your heat is anything like mine, you will never want to put it on full blast. 🔥

• Haha
Reactions: burdetter16